Our last night

For the first time in three days, I walked into JJ's house with a genuine smile on my face, my arm wrapped into Layla's

For the first time in three days, I walked into JJ's house with a genuine smile on my face, my arm wrapped into Layla's. After dinner with my mom's boyfriend she picked me up. Speaking of... Daniel, he seems really good for my mother.
He was nice and friendly and the way he and my mom look at each other, god it's straight from a romance movie.

"I still don't understand how you're getting them here." I chuckled as I turned to Layla. "Okayy, I'll tell you." She smirked as she leaned in closer to me so the house full of people couldn't hear.
"JJ kidnapped them." She spoke seriously, making me laugh but when her expression changed I laughed even harder. "You're not joking are you?" She shook her head at my question while I shook mine in amazement.

Within seconds her phone dinged. "It's him." She smiled at me before running to the large speaker, turning it off. "Everybody, shush! They're here." She called out as everyone fell deadly silent.
As the two double doors swung open, my smile widened at the blindfolded twins being led by JJ.

"JJ you better take these blindfolds off before I whip the blonde out of your hair." Liv threatened.
"Dude for real. My mom'ss gonna kill us if she finds out we're not home." Jordan spoke up which only made JJ laugh. "Which is why I kidnapped you." He pointed out as the three of them came to a stop in the middle of the floor.

My back straightened as JJ ripped their blindfolds off. Me along with everyone else in the house shouted 'surprise' at their surprised looks.
"Happy birthday Bakers!" Layla called out as she stepped forward, quickly pulling me with her as she picked up as much shots as her hands let her carry. "Grab a shot." She smiled as she passed one to me and then one to Jordan and a seltzer to Liv.

"You were in on this?" Jordan questioned as he pulled me back a step. "Uh... actually I can't take any credit for this." I chuckled as I gestured around to the party that was now back to booming. "Oh..." His smile dropped as he slightly nodded his head. It was quiet and awkward between us for a second before he looked back into my eyes. "This feels so wrong, with everything up in the air with us-" He started but I quickly raised my hand, silencing him.

"I told you I don't want today to be ruined. We can talk about it tomorrow." I mumbled, making him nod once again. "Why do I feel like this is our last night?" I sadly questioned as my chest pained. He just looked at me with a sad and guilty expression and this time I slowly nodded before downing my shot. "If this is our last night, let's make it a good one, yeah?" I gave him my best smile as I grabbed onto his hand, leading him towards the dance floor.

/////

I laughed at one of JJ's stupid jokes before I removed Jordan's arm from around my shoulder.
"I'm gonna get another drink, you good?" I questioned as I looked up at him. "I'm good." He nodded before placing a quick kiss on my lips.
My hand gripped around my empty red solo cup as I pushed my way through the crowd of people and into the kitchen.