Obstruction of justice

The three of us spent the rest of the evening talking and getting high

The three of us spent the rest of the evening talking and getting high. Once I was so high I couldn't feel anything, I explained to them what actually happened to Bashirr. The news lady on the tv sided with the cop, she made it seem like he did Crenshaw a favour, just taking another gang banger off the streets. But that's not the truth.

I groaned as I woke up to someone moving my shoulder side to side. "Jesus what do you want?" My eyes snapped open as Baby stood over me.
How long was I asleep? I glanced towards his window to see it was dark outside. "Shit." I mumbled as I quickly sat up. "Your boyfriend's here to see you." Baby chuckled, making my heart drop. No. Please no.

"Jordan?" I questioned as I pulled my shoes back on. "That ain't no Carlton." He shook his head before stumbling off to his room in the back.
I picked at the skin around my nails as I walked to the front door, pulling it open. "Shit." I cursed under my breath as I stepped out of the house.
"Yeah shit. Imagine my surprise when I seen Spencer at the school visiting Coop." Darnell spoke angrily, making my heart beat rise.

"Please don't tell my mom." Was the only words I could come up with. "I don't think I can keep this a secret." He seemed unsure, rightfully so. I guess I can't blame him for that huh? "I swear this is the last time. I didn't even get high I just needed to see them and tell them what happened." I lied and I could tell he believed me. "Okay but... if I ever catch you here again I'm telling Spencer and your mother." He spoke sternly, making me nod.

"Now let's get home. I lied to your mom and said we were out eating when she got home and we weren't there." He sighed as we started walking back towards my house. "Thank you. And thanks for not saying anything. If my mother or Spencer knew I was around baby they'd just assume it was to use but I swear it wasn't." I lied again, really making sure he believed it so I could trust he wouldn't tell anyone. "You should've told me that though. I would've brought you." I nodded at his words again before letting the conversation die.

There was an unfamiliar black car parked in my driveway as we got back. "Who's that?" Darnell questioned but I just shook my head. "Maybe my mom's boyfriend." I answered unsure but boy was I wrong. "There you are." My mother spoke as Darnell and I walked into the house. "Hey, sorry." I accepted her quick hug as my eyes landed on detective Fike.

"I was just stopping by to make sure you were okay. I know that sounds stupid but you know..." he trailed off. "Yeah, no, I'm okay." I slowly nodded. I'm okay as I can be after watching my best friend die. "I don't think I've fully accepted it you know?" I truthfully added, earning sad smiles from everyone in the room. "Is there any updates on the case?" My mother questioned as she sat back down on the chair across from him.

"Uh, Officer Bryan was put on payed leave." He scoffed, making me scoff. "He kills Bashirr and they just pay him to relax at home with his family!? Did you know Bashirr was going to be a dad!?" I quickly let out, making his eyes drop towards the floor. He slowly nodded.
"I think I'm gonna go to bed." I wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone especially after hearing this. He should be in jail. He should be dead.