The First Job

The cloak of night draped over the city, casting shadows that concealed the movements of Bilo the Burglar and Sylvester Lakewood. The duo, riding in Bilo's carriage drawn by the sturdy draft horses Hoss and Hosstoo, made their way to the Embassy district. Hiding the carriage in a discreet alleyway, they dismounted and positioned themselves, ready to set their plan in motion.

Sylvester, keen to showcase the skills of his magical companion, beckoned the Owl Lady from the depths of his robes. With a graceful flutter of wings, the barn owl soared into the night sky, guided by Sylvester's whispered instructions. The owl circled the embassy, its keen eyes providing a bird's-eye view of the second floor. It confirmed what they had hoped for – an unguarded office, potentially housing important records.

With the assurance from the Owl Lady, Bilo received the signal to proceed. The burglar, nimble despite his substantial frame, silently approached the formidable fence that guarded the embassy grounds. With the grace of a seasoned rogue, he scaled the fence, each movement calculated to avoid detection. Upon reaching the wall, Bilo, like a shadow, ascended its surface, his strength belying his stealth.

Reaching the second floor, Bilo surveyed the window leading into the office. With practiced precision, he eased it open, the hinges betraying not a single creak. As he rolled into the room, his lithe form narrowly evaded collision with the desk, a testament to the rogue's skill and the carefully executed plan.

Inside the office, the air was still, and the muted glow of moonlight illuminated the parchment-strewn workspace. Bilo, now within the heart of the embassy, prepared to navigate the uncharted waters of diplomacy and intrigue, while Sylvester maintained his vigilant post below, ready to lend his magical prowess when needed.

The muted glow of moonlight illuminated the office as Bilo took a moment to examine the room's contents. A fleeting thought crossed his mind, questioning the feasibility of the kidnapping venture. Perhaps the documents within the office held enough value on their own, eliminating the need for amore perilous course of action. But, unyielding in his resolve, Bilo brushed aside the doubt and stayed the course.

Determined, Bilo seized a quill and a blank piece of paper from the cluttered desk. His nimble fingers danced across the parchment, crafting a concise note that bore the weight of their intentions. The message instructed the reader to leave a substantial sum of 6000 gold pieces on the bed in room 6 at the Red Lion Inn if they wished to see their captive returned with the majority of his fingers intact. It was a bold move, a gamble that tested the waters of diplomacy in the unlikeliest of ways.

Ever the clever companion, Sylvester, the wizard with a shock of ginger hair, followed suit.  With a wry smile, he leaped through the window, reminding Bilo, in the midst of their clandestine mission, that he was, indeed, a wizard.

The Plan was set in motion.  Bilo, the seasoned rogue, devised a plan to slip through the shadows of the embassy, navigating the stairs with utmost stealth to reach the ambassador's quarters. There, he aimed to execute a silent kidnapping, leaving the note on the bed as both a demand and a calling card. The contingency plan was clear – if complications arose, Sylvester, the wizard, would be summoned, and the duo would stand and fight.

Having meticulously scouted the embassy's layout, Bilo moved like a shadow down the staircase, evading the watchful eyes of the guards and the diligent secretary.  The air hung heavy with tension as he approached the ambassador's chambers. The luxurious door creaked open with barely a sound, and Bilo slipped inside.