An Angsty Teen

WARNING: VIOLENCE

"What's that sound?"

Me and N were sitting down in the snow, keeping watch while J and V were off to kill some worker drones.

N cocked his head and started listening for any suspicious sounds. His eyes switched to his nervous ones.

Footsteps.

"What do we do?" He whispered.

"Ambush?" I replied, shrugging. He hesitantly nodded.

We crawled up the side of the busted up landing pod and hid behind it, waiting for whoever was coming to get closer.

The footsteps grew louder as the drone approached the pod.

Me and N exchanged a glance then he climbed up and looked around to see if it was a returning member or a worker drone. I watched his eyes turn into a big X then he spread his wings and took off. I then knew it was time to fight.

I switched my hands to my metal claws and flew out in the same direction N had, but then I was immediately blinded by a glaring green light and was blown back.

I groped my arm after the explosion and struggled to my feet. I saw a worker drone with purple hair and a black beanie sitting down, wounded on the ground in front of a headless N.

I swooped down in front of her and pinned her to the snow, my claws piercing into her shoulders. She let out a painful grunt as oil slowly leaked out of the fresh, deep cuts.

I started giggling uncontrollably as the teen girl winced.

"Any last words?" I aggressively pulled out one of my clawed hands and slowly wrapped it around her neck, ready to slit her throat open to spill oil for my gruesome feast.

"Bite me!"

The worker drone pulled my other hand out of her shoulders, black liquid staining the metal. She quickly rolled out of my hold then picked up a random arm that was lying around and wielded it like a sword.

"You're quite the fighter, aren't you?" I licked the oil off of one of my finger blades as I slowly walked up to her.

I looked over and saw N stand up with a new head. His screen had a red warning label on it.

The girl gasped and ran towards him, then smacked him in the face. I huffed in amusement.

"Did you just slap me with that arm?" He asked.

"Holy crap it talks."

"Yeaaah sorry. It's just my head kinda hurts.. Hey! Are you new to this squad? You're a little... short for a disassembly drone."

N was looking at her hard. His ocular screen must've been damaged since he couldn't tell she was a worker drone.

"I'm Serial Designation N! Nice to meet you! I'm kinda the leader of the squad in this city- That's not true, everyone tells me I'm useless and terrible.. WAIT I WASN'T SUPPOSED TO TELL YOU THAT PART! Biscuits.. Well, honesty is the best policy."

My eyes switched back to normal and I stared at him confusedly.

"I also don't seem to remember the past 3 hours of my life, eh, but I'm sure that'll sort itself out."

I facepalmed.

"Uh-huh.. I uh, have to... go.." The girl pointed to her right with the arm she was holding, but as she began to walk she dropped the arm and grabbed her wrist, there was a yellow and orange hole in it and it was smoking.

"N must have stung her." I thought.

"Oh, stuck yourself? Just pop it in your mouth, our saliva neutralizes the nanites, otherwise I'd be constantly disassembling myself." He caught his stinger right as it was about to hit his face and chuckled nervously.

"And by our saliva you mean.."

"Disassembly drone." N and the girl finished in unison.

"Riiight.. Hey, let's go in that landing pod over there!" She pointed to the crashed ship.

"Sure! I love doing anything!" He replied with a smile.

I stood there twiddling my thumbs. "Hi." I sheepishly waved at the girl. She screamed and picked up a piece of glass from the ground and chunked it at my face.

"Um, ow." I rubbed where the glass had hit me.

"Oh, no need to worry about her." N said gesturing to me. "This is Serial Designation Y/N! She's cool."

I blushed slightly.

"Hey, what's your name kid?" I asked, stooping down to get on her eye level.

"Bite me."

"Your name is 'Bite me'?"

She sighed. "Uzi."

"Well, Uzi, you're a good fighter."

"Don't compliment me, you just tried to kill me idiot." She crossed her arms.

"Ohhh yeah, I forgot about that." I replied sarcastically.

Uzi grabbed her wrist again. "Can we just go now?"

***

"Sweet uhh.. I'm open to new things I guess?"

Uzi pulled her hand out of N's mouth.

"We are never talking about this."

"Talking about what?" He chuckled nervously again. "Consider it, uh, repressed."

I just stood there, looking traumatized.

"Are there any other members of your squad?" Uzi asked us.

"Two others." I answered, leaning on the wall.

"First there's J, our leader." N finished. "She's awesome."

"Whatever you say, N." I murmured.

"Then, there's V. I actually kind of have a crush on her, you can't tell her though!"

Uzi made a gesture of zipping her mouth shut.

I quickly turned my head in surprise.

"N, you-"

"Yeah..." He looked at me and started scratching his head.

"Hm." I stared into space.

"They should be coming back soon-"

N and I turned back around and saw that Uzi was gone.

"Great."