Chapter 3: Odetta Cueva Caddel and the Caddel family

"Her name is Odetta Cueva Caddel, and for years she harassed and tormented the Hyun family, the Padilla family and so many more. Odetta is someone with no remorse. She went to junior high and secondary school with Duri and Aitor. Her brother went to the same university I went to."

"So you have known her since you were in university?"

" Your parents and Tallula have known Odetta since they were in middle school. Later your ma Elora and pa Aitor met her during their university years. I knew about her because Bitna talked about her over dinner or whenever she did something to her, which was quite often. I saw her a few times before she had met your ma Elora and pa Aitor ."

"I met her later on when my brother Aitor introduced us to her. Honestly I didn't like her from the beginning, I could see right through her intentions. My sisters and I later on tried to get her away from our family but your dad didn't listen."

"I met Odetta once, when she visited her brother Ace for a game he played during our university years. Odella's younger brother was a football player for our university. During this time I didn't get along with her brother, but went to watch them play football because one of my friends was also on the team. Both siblings were despicable people who only cared about what could only benefit them. There decisions were always based off of this."

"Wait.... I have a question for each of you... before you continue, uncle Im since you are the only one who knew Odetta longer can you please tell me about her relationship between my parents and her before their university years."

Im looked at Aitor and then at Elora, waiting for some sign of approval. Both Aitor and Elora nodded in approval.

"Britna and Duri have been friends since Duri arrived in Corville when we were in elementary school. Duri and Tallula came to live in the same building as your mom.Your grandma Cho went to introduce herself to your grandparents Seo and gave them rice cake. In return, your grandparents Seo gave your grandma Cho toilet paper and detergent when they went to her house warming party. Since then your grandparents have been close and we grew up together. When they were in middle school they continued to remain inseparable. During the first year of middle school Odetta was intentionally in the same P.E. class that Duri and Britna were in."

Rowan had his head lowered as he listened but he quickly looked up at his Uncle Im once he heard him say Odetta intentionally went into the same classes his late parents were in.

"Why would she intentionally want to be in the same classes as my parents?''

"From the moment she met Duri until his death, Odetta had become obsessed with him. I think towards the beginning she saw him as eye candy and wanted him to only pay attention to her. Duri was seen as someone she thought would look good by her side. Your dad back then attracted the attention of many girls, but he only had eyes for your mom and he clearly demonstrated his feelings many times."

"If he would be here with us, he would be blushing. Im said between laughs. "She was one of the only people who could make him blush. He would do anything for Britna." Elora wore an upside down smile, trying hard not to laugh as she remembered the many funny occasions where only Britna could cause Duri to blush and become shy. Aitor and Hector briefly smiled as those memories returned to their mind. After having a good laugh Im regained his serious composure.

"Unlike Odetta who never had any sincere feelings for him but only wanted him like a prize. She just wanted to use him, play with him until she was bored, then discard him when she had enough of him.... I am not saying this for you to despise her and to paint her as a malicious person,...it is simply the truth. A truth she tried to hide, a truth some of us were blind and did not want to see until it was inevitable to turn a blind eye to her actions."