Chapter 2: Ride of Shadow

The words ring through their ears as they hear me say, "My name is shadow. He who lurks in the shadows in order to hunt the shadows. As those words exit my mouth I notice that both Issei and this mysterious person are staring at me.  This mysterious person then turns to me all of a sudden and says, "For interfering with my plans for young Issei over here, you will suffer death at my hands." Issei then turns to and says, " Shadow if you save me I'll do whatever you want. just please save me from this psychotic bitch." I realize i could make some use out of Issei if I simply mold him into my image. Though I will admit there's no way I'm letting this freak show of a pervert anywhere near either the 7 shades or shadow garden. I wouldn't want them to turn on me simply because i befriended a certified horn dog. I can take advantage of this situation and so I turn towards this mysterious person and say, " Lady if you only knew who you were messing with. You would learn that you should fear me." I will not hold anything back from this person. I'll show them what the lord of shadows can truly do. The lady tries to attack me with whatever weapons she has at her disposal. A pathetic display of her combativeness if you were to ask me. I'm easily abler to dodge her attacks. It feels like I'm just playing with my prey and I'm enjoying this. This lady tries throwing this spear that appears to be made of light and I easily dodge it, however Issei was not as fortunate as I was. Despite myself and Issei's differences, no one should go through the pain that he is currently experiencing. I snap back into reality and I remove the light spear that's inside of Issei. While I'm removing the spear from Issei I hear that woman, " How are you doing that?! Why would you save that pathetic excuse of person?" I snap back into pure rage mode. No time to be playing games with her. She asked for this. I start absorbing as much mana and magic as I possibly can in the area surrounding the park. So she looks at me with fear written in bother her eyes and facial expressions and she says to me, "No ordinary person could possibly have this much power?! Who are you?!?!" I look at her with rage written in both my eyes and my facial expressions and I respond by saying, " I who shall awaken. You will witness what it truly means to fear power. I AM ATOMIC!!!!!!" As I finish saying the line, I release all that magical energy towards her and I instantly kill her and i cause the sky to be illuminated by my might. I walk over towards Issei and I kneel down towards him and i whisper, "Issei if you want to live I'll heal you and help you recover. However if you want this to happen, then you must be willing to make the ultimate sacrifice. You must dedicate yourself to the shadows and in order to do that you must give up on your harem king dreams along with anything perverted. so will you accept and become shadow's fist?" Upon saying this, I notice that Rias and her peerage had been watching the entire engagement and Rias then says to me, "Who are you and what are you doing to poor Issei over there?" I respond with anger in my voice by saying, " I'd be giving him a better life than anything you could ever offer him Rias Gremory. What you just witnessed was a mere taste of the power that I currently control. I pray that we never become enemies and that you stay out of my way. It would be real unfortunate for you to have me as your enemy." I healed Issei with my magic and he wakes up and looks at me and he says, " I'm willing to join you Lord Shadow." I chuckle and I then look over at Rias and say, "See Issei made the right decision after all. Now he won't be your pawn. Heed my words Rias Gremory. Now Issei as for you, you have officially joined the Empire of Shadows. We will start training tomorrow and I'll have one of my subordinates pick you up. Goodbye Rias Gremory please do never try to interfere with my plans ever again as you will not like the outcome of it." Rias clearly not liking the fact that she was outdone by yours truly says, " Guess I'll be seeing you around then Shadow. I'll find out who you are and when I do, I'll make sure you regret me finding out your secret."  I walk away from this ordeal and I pick up Issei, who at this point is still unconscious at this point, and I fly him back to his house. I knock on his parents door and I change myself back into my Cid Kagenou appearance. His parents come to the door and they look at me and ask me," Hi. what happened to Issei?" I respond to their question with, "Hi Issei's mom and dad. My name is Cid Kagenou and Issei here unfortunately got himself into some nasty trouble. I was able to save him from the mess that he created and I thought that the best idea would be for me to take him back home." I notice that Issei's parents are very appreciative of me returning their son to them. So I make my daring escape from them after handing issei back to them when I notice a familiar presence following me. I shout, " Rias if you're gonna try and follow me at least be discrete about what you are doing." Rias realizing that she had been caught by my obvious superior intelligence, responded, " Thanks Cid for returning Issei to his parents house. You seem familiar have we met before?" Realizing i can make a joke I reply.' Of course we met. Today at school when I bumped into you. Now if you're done with me I have a place to be and I'd honestly rather not make her mad at me." Rias questions my last statement and says, "Oh I didn't know you had a girlfriend Cid." I realize that now might not be the best time to get into a drawn out conversation with Rias. so in the heat of the moment I decided to turn on the jets and bolt as fast my legs could carry me so that I was away from that redhead. Whilst running for my life from Rias, I run into Alpha and I kiss her on the lips. Realizing I just did that, my face goes bright red and Alpha looks at me and says, "Shadow did you mean to kiss me?" Now there comes a point where sometimes you either have to be completely honest with someone and then there are the times where you have to bold face lie to a person. In this moment or I should say heat of the moment, I realized I should confess my true feelings for alpha as she is going to find out sooner or later and I'd rather that be sooner than later. I then turn myself towards Alpha and say, " My elven princess there is something I need to tell you. I love you Alpha. I know I'm not the best at expressing my feelings for anyone. But these are my true feelings. You are the best thing about my life Alpha and you make this life so much better and I'm glad to have you in it." Alpha's face was beaming rosy red. she then turns back towards me and she replies,  " I love you too Lord Shadow." We walk back to our place to officially introduce the power couple of alpha and Lord shadow to the members of shadow garden and the other shades.