Chapter 3 Shadow Garden

While walking with Alpha I come to the only logical conclusion that I can possibly think of and that is she is the reason why my heart is beating so quickly as of late. I know I'm not the best when it comes to displaying my emotions and affections for someone, as given between my last interactions with princess Rose Oriana. I shouldn't even bring up the fake relationship that I had with princess Alexia. The difference between those previous encounters and what I have with Alpha is quite simple and that is I genuinely love Alpha and I don't have really have a motive or incentive to fake my feelings to get what I want. I really want a future with Alpha after everything she has done not only for shadow garden and the 7 shades but also what she has done for me and for that I'm forever grateful for having Alpha in my life. While walking with Alpha, we lock hands and my face becomes full of blushes and Alpha takes notice of this change in my appearance. She notices this and says to me, "Lord Shadow is everything okay? You're turning every shade of red." I look at her with hope in my eyes and say," Alpha for the very first time in my life, I genuinely feel love in my heart for the very first time and I have you to thank for that. Also while we're in public or at school, please call me Cid. Wouldn't want a certain person to realize who I truly am my beloved." Alpha nods in agreement with what I said and she replies, "Wait, what do you mean at school?" My mouth before I have any idea on how to respond to Alpha's comment says," Alpha it's quite simple. I got you enrolled at the school I attend and I was able to get you in the same classes as myself. I'd also like it if you would watch over me while we're in class together. Just to warn you though, the guys at this school can be rather perverted and if anyone gives you any problems let me know and I'll handle them with no mercy." For the first time since entering this new world, I actually show Alpha a side of me that really sees the light of day. I think Alpha might be able to read my very thoughts because she replies with, " Oh Cid. I'm so honored that you would choose me to be with you at the school. Also, if anything ever happens to me, I'll makes sure that you're the very first person I notify. I love seeing this overprotective side of you. I'll never leave your side." After this very passionate conversation with Alpha, we were able to arrive at the new headquarters for shadow garden. I marvel in the size of the new headquarters for shadow garden. While not as big as our previous headquarters, it still is pretty massive. I decide for the safety of all the members of shadow garden, I put a barrier that completely surrounds the headquarter and prevents anyone and everything that doesn't have a trace of my magic in them from either passing through or seeing what is going on beyond the barrier. I have to admit it, but i can be a genius when I want to. As Alpha and I enter the headquarter, we are greeted by the remaining shades as well as the rest of shadow garden. Ah it feels good to be back home, well a home of sorts.  The remaining shades notice Alpha and I are holding hands as well as Alpha's lipstick being on my left cheek. My face as contorts as I realize the mood of the room change and panic sets in. So in order to clear the air I say," Fear not everyone, for I have made a decision that will only further enhance shadow garden. Alpha and I are officially a couple. I made this decision because we are in an unknown world and in order for us to introduce this world to the shadows, we must have a united front. We will conqueror this world through the shadows and we will make our claim on this world. Mark my words as your lord." The mood of the atmosphere definitely changed after the revolutions that I made to the entirety of shadow garden. Epsilon with her rambunctious personality responded to my comments by saying, "Lord shadow and alpha are together? Why didn't  you choose one of the other shades. My Lord, do we not satisfy you as much as lady Alpha." I look over to Epsilon with annoyance written as clear as day due to my facial expressions. I responds to Epsilon's comments by saying," Epsilon, if you must know as to why I chose to be with Alpha and not the rest of you well I have two reasons for that. The first reason is that Alpha has been here for me since the very beginning of shadow garden and she was also the first one I saved. My final reason for choosing Alpha over the rest of you is that I genuinely love Alpha for who she is. She brings out the best qualities of me and i am eternally thankful and grateful for having Alpha in my life. I won't be answering anymore questions in regards to this subject any further." I then turn my attention to Gamma and I say to her, " Gamma I heard from the grapevine that our company makes some of the most spectacular jewelry that is known to mankind. I hope this is true Gamma for I will be needing something special for a certain someone." I make sure that when I said that last bit that Alpha couldn't hear what I said along with my next comment. So Gamma turns towards me and she says," My lord, do you have something in particular in mind for her?" I think Gamma is starting to gain the ability to read someone's mind and I'm starting to get a little worried especially if I introduce Issei to shadow garden or for that matter any of the seven shades. So I reply to Gamma by saying," Gamma I need an engagement ring. This ring is for Alpha as I have plans on marrying her in the near and upcoming future." When I said that Gamma didn't seem to be surprised at all by my comments and she actually responded by saying, " it's about time you marry her. By uniting a shade with yourself, you will make both alpha and yourself stronger. And before you ask my lord, yes we have a ring that is already prepared for alpha as we already have her ring size." Gamma then hands me a box with the ring inside of it and the ring is just perfection. The ring itself is black and between the gaps of the rings are miniature diamonds and the crowning jewel of the ring is a massive diamond. I look at Gamma and I say, " This is the perfect ring for the one who will become the empress of shadows. I'm positive that Alpha is going to love this ring. With that being said Gamma this concludes our business. Alpha and I will rest up as we have school tomorrow at the academy." The conversation between myself and Gamma concludes and so I make my way towards Alpha and she notices that I have a box in my right hand and she then looks at me and says, "Shadow please tell me that's not what I think it is." Panic sets in my face as I realize that Alpha knows something is up with me.  In the moment, I come to the only logical conclusion that I can think of and that is to come clean to Alpha as she can see right though my thoughts. I then look at Alpha and I get down on one knee and I say, "Alpha, you are the greatest person in my life. You've opened up my heart to new things. I don't know anyone who I'd want to spend the rest of my life with. You are my anchor Alpha. Alpha will you marry me and become the Empress of shadow garden?" Alpha looks at me with her face full of redness and she says, "Yes I'll marry you shadow. You are my life and my rock. I wouldn't want to marry anyone else." I slide the ring onto Alpha's ring finger and the ring fits perfectly on her. From this day forward Alpha in any public scenario, in which we are not in our shadow garden disguises, will be known as Alpha Kagenou. While in all other scenarios she will be the empress of shadow garden. With that being done, it is time for Alpha and I to get some sleep so we can handle the future together.