Chapter 02:

A woman was walking in the park late at night after the storm came to peace. She had trouble sleeping so she decided to take a walk through the park to relax herself. All of a sudden she heard a baby crying, crying loudly and loudly every second.

"I do wonder whose baby is crying so late at night"

wondered the woman, curiously looking around to see where the noise came from. She followed the crying sound of the infant and found a baby, a mere infant, who seemed to have been just born.

Oh my! Whose baby is this?

The woman picked the infant up who was wrapped in a shiny cloth, just like the air, and the material felt like silk. The baby had a pacifier in her mouth and was crying, tears dripping down from her eyes to her cheeks and then the woman's hands. The woman felt sympathy towards the baby and decided to find the baby's parents, when she found no one around she took the baby to the police station, in hopes of filing a missing person's complaint. On the entrance of the NYPD station she met up with 2 couples and one man who had also found the babies somewhere isolated and were headed towards the station in hopes of finding the parents.

The lady holding the girl in the shiny white cloth's name was Emily. The first couple holding a baby in the candy red cloth's names were Ivy and Benjamin. The second couple holding a baby in a basil green cloth's name were Emma and Theodore. Lastly the man holding a baby in a trypan blue cloth's name was noah. The 6 people introduced themselves and then everyone turn by turn told the other where they had found the baby. Emily told them about how she found the baby in the park behind a bush crying loudly. Ivy and Benjamin told them how they found the baby outside the hospital near their car in the parking lot. Emma and Theodore told them how they found the baby in front of their apartment's door crying softly, someone rang their doorbell and left, upon opening the door they found a baby lying there looking at them with puppy eyes. Noah told them he was on his way back from the department store and heard someone crying in the alley way and when he checked he found a baby. After everyone was done telling their stories the police came out with a detective who told them that she would find out who the parents were and meanwhile the person who found the kid gets to keep it though they would frequently be called to the police station. The couple and singles didn't mind that, as long as they got to keep the baby even if it was for a little time.

The humans became friends and would often help each other to take care of the baby.

"Miss Emily, we would like to take the baby for a DNA test" the officer spoke softly, maintaining eye contact with Emily, while Emily held onto the sleeping infant, "of course, but if I may" Emily looked up to meet the officer's eyes, the officer nodded giving her the permission to continue "how long would it take?" Emily asked.

The officer exchanged looks with the other officer and then spoke, but this time in a bit of a sharp voice sending chills down Emily's spine, "most probably a week, but that is none of your concern. You are after all just a caretaker until the case is solved" Emily nonchalantly nodded and handed the child over to the officers who then walked towards the lab, while another officer escorted the caretaker outside.

As soon as Emily exited the building she caught her eyes on Ivy and Ben walking towards the building talking and smiling while cradling the baby, Ivy saw Emily and walked towards her faster, asking her about her well being. Emily told them about the DNA test, Ivy was upset at first but then she said it was for the best for the lost babies. Benjamin caught up and agreed with his wife. Emily said her goodbyes and left from that place feeling humiliated, anyone would have felt that. Emma and Theodore and Noah were called in as well along with the babies. The babies were in the laboratory for the DNA test when the doctor ran up to the police with a concerning look on his face.

"What's the matter doc?"

"These children. . ." he paused for a moment, "they are inhumane. The blood group that they have has never been found in a human, above all that I caught them glowing like a bulb after I took their blood" the doctor came to a halt and took in a shaky breath before continuing again. The police officer was shocked from the statement that he had just received and clenched his fist tightly. What should I do about these stupid infants now? "I deeply apologize but I cannot conduct their DNA test". The doctor ran away before the officer could even react to his words. "Ugh! What do I do now. . ." he thought for a moment until his brain came up with a snoopy plan.

The group of friends decide to meet up to spend their time, "God the time isn't passing by at all, usually an hour would be like 10 minutes with the kids" Noah commented. "I know right I wanna have them back" Emma replied acknowledging Noah. Everyone laughed and had a few drinks until Theodore's phone rang loud causing silence in the group.

"Hello? . . . uh yeah. . . of course. . . bye"

Theodore felt all eyes on him. His voice was soft yet dull and lifeless at the same time. Emma kept her hands behind his back and stroked up and down. Theodore's eyes fixed itself on the floor.

"Who was it?" Emma questioned, with a concerned look on her face.

"The police station" his voice faded out. Noah asked what they said and Theodore had no way of saying what he heard on the phone call minutes ago.

"They said that the kids are inhumane. . . and they will be conducting experiments on them. . ."

"Oh my!" Emily cried out picking up the phone to call the police, Ivy stopped her and signaled her to keep calm. "And they expect us to sit here and do nothing?!" Benjamin shouted slamming his hand on the table attracting the attention of two or three tables.

"That's why they called us there tomorrow first thing in the morning to discuss it" Theodore explained looking at them sharply.