Chapter 08:

What did I do? I don't understand. . .

"Now that I think about it you did do something Aurora" Lily said after snapping back to reality.

"What did I do exactly? I don't remember doing anything" Aurora looked confused, Alan came towards Aurora and kneeled down before her. "When you rushed towards Lily you stretched your palm towards her and that's when an extremely strong wind current flew, which may have caught the masked person off-guard but they still managed to make a run for it before we could do anything." Alan stated, Aurora was surprised a little but shrugged it off, "So what? It doesn't mean I did something. It may as well just have been a coincidence" Aurora defended herself against the blame. But the thought of what Alan had just said kept running around in her mind, zoning Aurora out from time to time.

Did I really cause the wind current? Oh my! What if I do have supernatural powers, I could save the world. Maybe it would be better if I didn't because I might get hurt. Oh dang! Maybe I should try it out once I'm home. Yippee I'm going to be a superhero.

"Aurora! Aurora! Girl snap out of it!" Lily pushed Aurora, making Aurora go and bump into one of the boys who was standing beside the locker with a poker face.

"Ugh, sorry my bad. . . Oh wow. . ." Aurora was staring at the boy who she bumped into, he seemed to be irritated and was giving a death glare to Aurora, "Sorry again uh mister whatever your name is, my friend pushed me, so. . . yeah bye" Aurora made her way back to the group before punching Lily hard on her arm bruising it slightly.

"Come on Eli let's go don't worry she apologized" one of the girls next to the boy spoke, dragging him away, who still seemed to have an irritated look on his face.

"So his name is Eli. . . dang he's cute," Lily said, earning a surprised glance from Max.

Oh my god how long will you stay oblivious to Max's feelings Lily. it's getting annoying to watch. Alan thought and exchanged glances with Aurora who also seemed to be thinking the same thing. Lily looked between Alan and Aurora and eyed them suspiciously, "Is something going on between the two of you?" Lily said and Aurora jumped at the thought of it, whereas Alan maintained his composure. "Nope, why would you think that?" Aurora spoke, trying to protect herself against the assumptions. "Well nothing I just thought. . . nevermind" Lily said, shrugging it off.

If something is going on that's between you and Max. Alan thought.

Why the hell would she assume such things, I mean we didn't do anything to make her think that way did we. . . Aurora thought.

What is going on? Max thought.

I swear something is fishy in here. . . Lily thought.

The day just didn't seem to be finishing anytime soon. . .

"Alright so my dear students remember that in order to create a web page you must use the app Notepad or Notepad++. It is already present in your laptops and computers so don't forget to try it out and tell me about it" the lesson ended and Aurora headed out of the classroom along with Alan by her side. "Penny for your thoughts?" Aurora sighed and looked at Alan. "Well the thing is that after you guys mentioned the awkward wind current and supernatural stuff. . . It's been going on in my mind since then and I just came to shrug it off. I mean what if I do have superpowers I can be a superhero and you know save the world like they do in Mangas and Animes. . ." Aurora said looking hopefully towards Alan who was trying his level best to not laugh at this or else Aurora would get surely angry. "Well I don't know, I mean come to think of it; it was really stupid of us to mention something like that, I mean superpowers don't exist in this modern world. We live in reality not fiction where anything can be possible, but I guess we really weren't in our right minds when we said this to you" Alan hoped Aurora would get the point and looked away from her not wanting to meet her gaze, Aurora turned her face around too and continued walking faster. "But I'm sorry if I made you overthink about it. . ." Alan apologized and Aurora wistfully smiled, "No you didn't make me over think but sometimes I wish whatever supernatural things we see in fiction were real. . ." and they continued to walk in silence until they reached the cafeteria and took a tray for themselves and sat on their table waiting fer Lily and Max to come quickly so they could end the silent suffering.

Their day had ended and so did the thought of having supernatural powers end with them, but there's more to it. It's not only Aurora who witnesses a glimpse of her power only to forget about it as an over thought, someone else too experienced it and they most definitely did not forget about it. They decided to use it, for good?. . . or for bad?. . .