chapter 2: regret

*Timeskip*

Dipper flopped onto his bed, burying his face into his pillow, his thoughts swirling like a tornado. He couldn't shake off the memory of that super hot guy from earlier. His heart raced just thinking about him, but there was this annoying feeling gnawing at him—a mix of frustration and regret.

He mentally kicked himself for not even asking the guy's name or getting his number. Seriously, how could he forget something so important? It was like his brain decided to take a vacation right when he needed it the most.

Rolling over, Dipper stared at the ceiling, replaying the scene over and over again in his head. His cheeks still burned from blushing so hard when the guy was around. It was like his brain turned into mush whenever he tried to speak. Smooth, Dipper, real smooth.

As the minutes dragged on, Dipper found himself stuck in a loop of what-ifs and could-have-beens. Each scenario felt like a punch to the gut, a reminder of his missed opportunity. He wished he could turn back time, to fix his mistake and actually talk to the guy like a normal human being.

But here he was, alone in his room, with nothing but the sounds of the city outside his window. The silence only amplified his frustration, amplifying every little regret that gnawed at his insides.

With a heavy sigh, Dipper made a silent promise to himself. If he ever crossed paths with that mysterious guy again, he wouldn't let fear or awkwardness hold him back. He'd seize the moment, even if it meant stumbling over his words or making a fool of himself.

Deep down, beneath all the uncertainty and doubt, Dipper held onto a glimmer of hope. Maybe there would be another chance, another opportunity to make things right. And as he drifted off to sleep, he clung to that hope like a lifeline, guiding him through the murky waters of teenage angst and longing.