chapter 5: The Start

Dipper couldn't contain his excitement as he approached the old library. To his surprise, the doors were already unlocked, a dim light flickering inside. His heart raced as he stepped across the threshold, the musty scent of old books filling his nostrils.

His eyes scanned the dimly lit room, and there, standing near the ancient bookshelves, was the same mysterious guy from yesterday. Dipper's pulse quickened as he watched the figure, who seemed lost in thought.

Then, their eyes met, and the guy's expression turned from contemplative to outright panicked. He dashed towards Dipper, his movements frantic.

"Hey, uh, what's your name?" the guy blurted out, his voice trembling with urgency.

Dipper, taken aback by the suddenness of the encounter, replied cautiously, "I'm mason, but you can call me Dipper. What about you?"

The guy's eyes widened, his features mirroring Dipper's surprise. "I'm Bill," he replied, his voice tinged with disbelief.

Dipper's mind raced with questions, but before he could ask anything, Bill spilled out his own strange encounter. He described meeting a younger version of Dipper, wearing a pine tree cap and carrying a strange journal with six-fingered drawings on it. It sounded like something straight out of one of  mystery novels, but dipper knew that bill wasn't lying.

Dipper's jaw dropped as he listened, the pieces of the puzzle slowly coming together in his mind. Could it be that they had somehow crossed paths with alternate versions of themselves?
After hearing bill's story, he explained how he had seen similar dream with different version of bill, both of them stood there silent staring at eachother.

The library suddenly seemed to shudder around them, the air crackling with electricity. And in that moment, Dipper knew that this was just the beginning of an adventure unlike any other.