chapter 4: morning after

Dipper jolted awake, his heart pounding like crazy. All he could think about was that weird guy from the library. He sprang out of bed, ready to dash to the library, but when he glanced at the clock, it was only 5 am. He groaned. The library wouldn't be open for hours!

Still, he couldn't shake off the feeling, so he decided to get ready anyway. After a steaming hot shower that woke him up properly, he dragged himself to his room and got dressed.

Downstairs in the kitchen, he found Mabel already munching on some suspiciously sparkly cereal and his gruncles bustling around. Gruncle Stan was flipping his famous stancakes while Gruncle Ford was tinkering with some gadget.

"Morning, Dipper!" they all chimed in unison.

Dipper mumbled a sleepy "morning" back as he slumped into a chair and reached for a pancake. Mabel was chattering away about some crazy idea she had, and the gruncles were discussing who-knows-what. Dipper just nodded along, his mind still wandering to the library and that mysterious guy.
As Dipper wolfed down his pancakes, he couldn't help but let his mind wander back to the library mystery. He wondered if that strange guy was from another dimensionor something, like the ones they write about in his favorite fantasy books.

Mabel interrupted his thoughts with a sudden, "Hey, Dipper, are you even listening?"

Dipper snapped out of his daydreaming. "Uh, yeah, sure, what were you saying again?"

Mabel rolled her eyes. "I was telling you about this awesome idea I had for a grappling hook made out of glitter and rubber bands! Isn't that cool?"

Dipper nodded, not really listening. His mind was still fixated on the library and the mysterious stranger. He couldn't shake off the feeling that something big was about to happen.

After breakfast, Dipper hurriedly grabbed his backpack and waved goodbye to Mabel and the gruncles. He made up his mind to visit the library first thing when it opened, determined to unravel the mystery once and for all.

As he stepped out into the crisp morning air, excitement and nervousness tingled in his stomach. Little did he know, the adventure of a lifetime was about to unfold at the doorstep of the old, mysterious library.