the offer

Chapter 5

They both came down and went to the direction of the dining room, but all they could see was pitch black darkness as the lights were turned off. "Uh, mother? Why are all the lights-" suddenly he saw a candle light on the table on top of a cake, "SURPRISE!! Happy nineteenth birthday Allen!" He saw both his mother and Lucifer clap for him as they started to sing him the happy birthday song.

Allen's eye twitched at the fact that they're singing happy birthday to him, despite him practically being a grown man now. He loves that his mother put in all the effort to surprise him like this, but he feels unsettled at the presence of the king of hell also celebrating his birthday.

He has only ever celebrated his birthday with his mother, her insistence that he will never be too old in having a birthday party when he had asked if they could stop celebrating it.

He looked at the clock on the wall and saw that it was only over midnight and let out a sigh, of course his mother would plan this surprise birthday even in the dead of night.

She knew he was going to be very busy tomorrow since he had explained to her that they could make time for his birthday in the evening, which he doesn't mind if it were just the two of them.

But with Lucifer's sudden appearance, it seems that she had rushed her plans so that the blonde could join and celebrate it with them... Just his luck. He watched as his mother lit all of the lights on the table so they could see the food she had prepared especially her signature dish jambalaya.

"Well? What are you waiting for Allen?! make a wish!" Lucifer bounced as he and Elleanor watch as Allen rolled his eyes in amusement before closing it and blew the candle out. When he opened his eyes again he saw a present being shoved in front of him by his mother who was smiling at him Brightly.

"Thank you mother! Haha, oh I do wonder what you got for me this time~" he opened up the present to reveal a brand new wrist watch that has brown leather strap. "You've been having some trouble being on time lately, I thought it might be best to get you the watch you've been eyeing on ever since we went grocery shopping~" she giggled loudly when he hugged her tight.

"Thank you, mother, it's perfect." He let her go as he looks at Lucifer smiling at them with his own gift in hand looking giddy at the fact that he's the one giving something to Allen this time.

The more Lucifer thought about the dance earlier, he had concluded that he might only see Allen as a friend and had just gotten too deep into the way the teen gently handled him and the music.

He's sure that it was only because he's been lacking the intimate affection that comes with having a partner for the past thousands of years that made him feel that way towards Allen.

"Here Allen! this time I'll be the one handing YOU an 'offering' Aha-haha!" Allen raised his eyebrow at Lucifer, not exactly sure what this would mean if the demon you're worshipping is the one to hand the gift to you, he feels slightly concerned at that thought. "Thank you Luc, it's a very thoughtful gesture, though you really didn't need to...."

He looked to his mother, trying to find the words that wouldn't suspect him of being involved in demons and dark magic when he denies the gift, then he turned to Lucifer who was giving him sad puppy dog eyes, which regretfully he finds his resolve crumbling on.