chapter 2

Kyle

"Hey, are you ready to go?" Alex spoke softly whilst mixing his sugar with his tea and sat at the end of the sofa.

" Yea but I don't see why all need to come with me, its my job to protect you i'd rather you all stayed at home whilst I complete this task" I rolled my eyes, whilst packing some school supply's into my bag. A couple of seconds past before josh risen from his side of the sofa " Oh surprise, surprise the couch lump has finally made his appearance" I threw a bit of tissue at his head laughing to myself

"You don't protect us we protect each other, Remember that you're not responsible for us" He walked closer towards me till' we where face too face I kneeled slightly to get to his level " I've been alive for 307 years and I have attended over 150 different collages in my time. You guys have only been alive for about 100 years, I've seen the world, its cruel. You all need to be more careful"

Josh furrowed his eyebrows at me slightly as if he wanted to say something but had no words. I was about too speak up but jack came between us and slightly pushed me back into the table.

" Guys lets not fight okay? lets just get this stupid first day of school over with. And josh go shower you stink of Pigs blood, after that we will leave."

Josh let out a slight hiss before speeding off to the bathroom. I must admit I am impressed by his speed, he is probably the fastest of his kind that I've ever met.

So slight back story, I'll keep it simple me and my coven, aka me, Josh, Jack, Alex. We're all heading off for our first day of collage. Well for me its my 197th First day of collage. But oh well its always been the same for me. Go to school, piss of the teachers, and that's basically it. And also rule number 1, Never befriend a human, don't get attached to humans, and most important never fall in love with a human. Because you will outlive them.

Over the years you watch them grow old and wither away and its only causing you heartache, luckily I've never fell in love with a human. But I made a mistake back in the day. 1997 I became friends with a human man, he was my best friend, I watched him killed by another one of my kind right before my own eyes.

Never will I allow that too happen again. Ever.

21 minutes later

"Everyone get in the car we're going" Josh spoke waving his keys as he headed out the door. We all followed behind him seconds later, we hopped in our McLaren P1 and driven off to collage.

When we arrive at school josh parked right behind some scruffy old BMW where a girl had her back facing towards us. She looked like she was talking to the person driving the car. She had long dark hair up to her hips and she was very short I couldn't catch a glimpse of her face,

Until I got out the passenger side of the car, jack and Alex where yapping about some meaningless rubbish. So I stared down at my phone to check the time. Until my attention was shifted when I heard Josh whisper over at me "fucking hell what happened to her?"

My eyes followed his and what I saw nearly made be gasp, the short dark haired girl turned around to face the school. She was covered in blood, from her left eye to the bottom of her nose her shirt was also covered in her blood. My hand twitched at the sight. I do wonder what happened to her but that's none of my business, I just need to keep my head down and remember my goal. remember why I'm in this shit hole. And not to socialize with humans. When I finally pulled myself out of my own thoughts I turned to face josh and saw his eyes slightly flickered purple.

I ran round to his side of the car and threw him into the back seat, I gestured through the window at Alex and jack to head inside the school. They nodded their head and walked through the school gates. "Josh control yourself, remember where we are!" I rummaged through my bag and grabbed my eye drops and threw them at josh "Use that"

" Sorry I don't know what happened" He grabbed the eyedrops ad slowly raised it to his left eye. "I'm going inside we have different classes anyway so ill meet you at lunch" I zipped up my bag and threw it over my shoulder. I got out the car slamming the door behind me.

I looked up at the school ahead of me and rolled my eyes. I let out a deep breath " I swear it gets worse every year"