chapter 3

Adaline

After I spoke with my father a heaved my bag over my shoulder and waved him goodbye as he drove away. I exhaled deeply and walked into the school before my first class I went to the bathroom and grabbed a paper towel.

I walked towards the sink and grabbed the marble counter and stared at myself in the dirty school mirror, I looked at myself in disgust. Why cant I be like any other 18 year old girl? I watched as a tear fell down my cheek, but before I could start crying I shook my head and rinsed my face with water. After I got all the blood off my face I threw my bloody jumper in my almost empty backpack.

Luckily underneath my jumper I was wearing a small white tank top. I had one last glance at myself in the mirror. I looked a lot better than before, my wound was clean my jumper was hidden. If anyone asks I got attacked by a cat, that will work, wont it?

When the bell rang I threw on my bag and headed to my first class, English. When I arrived and sat down I crossed my arms on the table and lay my head down. Luckily none of my friends where in this class and no one sat next to me so I hoped no one would see it, and for the time no one did, my only issue was the fact that Lisa sat right in front of me. But as long as she didn't turn around it would all be good.

When everyone finally arrived I risen my head and began writing my notes and luckily no one seen me because I was sat at the back. I glared at the back of Lisa's head and she didn't turn around so it was safe.

Until now, I was writing away and then i heard this awful high pitch voice that u could mistake for a dying ape. Of course, it was Lisa. She was all exited because a new guy came into out class an introduced himself as Kyle.

"It's your first day and your late, detention! anyway for the time being you can go sit over there by Lisa in the second back row" My English teacher spoke pointing at Lisa. She looked all giddy and happy to hear that he was sitting there. although he didn't seen to care he rolled his eyes and threw his bag under the table, every girl was drooling over him mostly because he had to be around 6 foot or taller. I will admit he was attractive but to be honest, I couldn't give a monkeys pink ass cheek about his presence. So I carried on writing but then, Lisa obviously trying to be a show off. Spun her chair to my table and tried being all cocky until she seen my face and her eyes lit up.

"Woah what happened to your face, man! you look uglier then before. Right Kyle!" Funny thing is she didn't even get a response he kept his head on the desk, I think that pissed her off a little bit .

"Whatever, anyway who beat you up?" She said in a sarcastic tone.

"No one, it was a cat." I leaned back in my chair locking eyes with her "Whatever, anyway should we play a game of what's in Adaline's bag?" My eyes widened in fear remembering the bloody jumper, I looked around the classroom the teacher had left the classroom so I was fucked. "Lisa please not today" I stood up from my seat as she made her way to the front of the class. By now all eyes where on her. Even Kyle looked at her which I think gave her some confidence.

Before I could stop her she emptied my bag on the floor and everyone was laughing, but soon all those laughs turned into mutters when Lisa reached down and grabbed my jumper and held it on display for the whole class " Woah so it wasn't a cat. Someone actually beat you up! AHA"

" Lisa put that the fuck down" I gasped and walked up to the front of the class.

"Hmm I wonder who hurt you, maybe that dirty alcoholic father of yours. You know the one who basically lives at the pub" by this point no one was laughing but they all looked dead serious.

My face twitched at what she said and my hands curled into a tight fist " Take that back you little bitch" I said my nose scrunching as I got closer too her "By your reaction I'm going to assume it was your scruffy dad we all know the story that your dad-" I knew what she was going to say so before she could finish I grabbed her by the scruff of the neck and punched her straight in the nose.

She lifted her head and gasped as blood ran down her nose " you bitch!" she said through tears. But i wasn't going to stop there I grabbed her by the back of her head and slammed her face into the table She screamed in pain and fell to the floor. "next time you say shit about my dad ill fucking kill you!"