1

( before you continue reading. This story follows after episode 4 of season 1. This is during when Sydney is becoming a leader, and after the health inspector rates the place. Please keep in mind that not every thing is the exact same to the show. I try to add in some words especially later on in the show. Also Claire does not exist in this story, because she doesn't fit into the plot of this story. Thank you for choosing to read this. I hope you all enjoy this lazy writing. )

"The Original Beef of Chicagoland... interesting title. Okay 'Chicagoland, I'm intrigued.'" Maia scans the inside of the small restaurant. It looked like any other Chicago owned restaurant. With the generic tables, paper counter tops.

What intrigued her the most was the amount of people inside. It seemed to be a packed house, with a decent amount of people in line, and the seating mostly full. There was a little trash left on the floor, but Maia excused it since they were busy. There seemed to be an employee already on the way to sweep.

Maia took one last glance before finally deciding to open the door and form her own opinion for her blog. She had heard that Chef Carmen Berzatto was working here.

She was immediately hit with the smell of Italian beef, and we dog. It was not a pleasant first entrance to say the least. It was only until she first stepped foot into the restaurant when she realized how dirty the place is.

Many of the tables were unclean, they hid it well through the window.

Maia briskly walks up to the counter, trying to get an employees attention.

"Hey, excuse me."

"If you want something you're gonna have to get in line like everyone else. You ain't special little girl." Richard says to the girl who was at the end of his counter.

Maia becomes visibly upset.

"First of all I'm not a 'little girl' and I was just wondering if you were going to get someone to clean this mess." Maia rolls her eyes and crosses her arms to her chest.

Richard briefly looks over to the mess that Maia was talking about, and he shrugs.

"You got hands don't ya? We have some bins by the exit too. Be my guest."

Maia's mouth flew wide open.

"Can you serve me now?" One of the costumers asks impatiently.

"Yes, thanks for waiting for turn." Richard looks over at Maia once more then goes back to taking orders.

"Unbelievable..." I'm definitely going to be putting this into the review... Maia thought.

Just as Maia turned around, the door to the kitchen swings open to reveal the one and only Chef Berzatto.

The look on his face was pissed. Maia turned back around to hear the noise, and she became dumb founded.

Carmen briefly makes eye contact with Maia, but then immediately looks at Richard.

"Why do we have a line?"

"I don't know, ask brunette over there. She was tripping over some trash on the tables."

That's when Carmen turned to take a serious look at Maia. She immediately fell shy, as she could feel Carmen analyzing her.

He walks over to Maia, and rolls his eyes.

"What did you order? I'll bring it right out for you and have someone clean the mess for you too."

Maia looks away from him blushing, she rarely ever got like this. She never became flustered before by a chef. She hardly ever met the chefs actually. She only ever talked about their food in a positive or truthful light.