10

Maia started ignoring her mom's calls whenever she was with Carmy. She knew her mom was just calling to make her feel bad anyways for not visiting.

Things between Maia and Carmy was moving fast. Considering how scared the two of them were of starting something. Carmy only grew closer and closer to asking Maia to be his girlfriend. Although he didn't truly need to ask her out, the two of them were already exclusive to each other.

Recently Maia's ex boyfriend had found her new number and began texting her randomly throughout the days.

Carmy and Maia would hang out almost every other day and that's not including at work.

7 weeks till open

Maia walked in to see the whole restaurant was completely empty. All the walls were gone even the offices walls.

"Damn." Maia says as she looks around the area.

"Damn indeed Maia." Sydney replies back as she continues to check on what's left of the place.

Maia opens her phone to text Marcus good luck. Marcus liked the text and she smiled down at her phone.

The restaurant would feel different without Marcus around for awhile. Maia helped Sydney find cooks put Sydney told her she would always be their cashier. Carmy would make sure of it.

After about 20 chef interviews, Maia figured she should leave. She had a restaurant other bloggers were raving about and she was dry a few days. So she had to see what was up.

Maia waved goodbye to the staff, making sure to say bye to Carmy before she left.

"Hey, I'm, I'm leaving."

"Oh, are you stopping by tonight?"

"Uh, I'll have to see."

"Can I come with?"

"Um, it's kind of work related... so."

"Oh, yeah. That's fine. I should focus on my shit too."

Maia nodded her head and kissed Carmy on the cheek. He gave her a weak smile as she turned around to leave in a hurry.

Carmy felt hurt by Maia leaving him so soon. He hoped to spend the night with her again.

Maia quickly gets home to change into her clothes for the night. It was a fancy restaurant, so she had to wear the fancies dress she could find.

She decided to put on her red strapless dress she bought a few months ago. She puts on her red heels, and heads out the door. She decided to use her car since she would draw too much attention using the train. The gps would tell her she would get there in 20ish minutes without traffic lights.

She set her purse on the passenger seat and put her phone in the cup holder.

Maia hated driving. She also hated paying for gas, which is why she rarely ever drove.

Maia checked her phone before turning on her car. She had a few miss calls from her mom, and a text from Carmy that said I miss you. She smiled at her phone as she read it.

She quickly replied and texted back she missed him too.

Maia finally arrives at the restaurant, and heads toward the door.

"What can I do for you today madam?" The hostess asks her.

"Linden for 1."

"Ah yes, right this way."

She followed the man as he grabs a menu for her. The lights were dimmer than the other restaurants. Something she would definitely remember for later. The hostess was nice, although he could be a little more cheery. Normally she wouldn't comment on the staff, but everyone else raved about the service and so far she was not swept off her feet just yet.