2

Maia has an interview with The Original Beef in a few minutes. She would be lying if she said she wasn't nervous. This was something she has never done before, gone undercover as an employee just to get insider information at a restaurant.

She knew she had to do this though, this was the talk of town, every blogger would be reviewing this place soon. Why follow the crowd when she could go the extra mile.

"Oh, you're Maia." Carmy showed up out of no where, but she didn't mind.

She nods her head and Carmy takes a seat across from her. She looks beyond him and sees a glaring Richie.

"So, what brings you to Chicagoland?"

"The reviews to be honest with you... also it looks to me that you could use a smiling face around here." Maia says as she continues to look at Richie who always seemed to be grumpy.

Carmen scoffs, but tilts his head as if he understood what she meant.

"Our Google reviews? You read those?"

Maia nods her head not understanding the question entirely.

"Of course I read the reviews. I read the reviews of all the up and coming restaurants. Yours just so happened to catch my attention. I mean, you got the cooks, the taste, all you're missing is another reason for the guests to come back." Maia points to herself thinking that she was doing well for the interview.

"Interesting, but we can't afford a full time cashier. Sorry." Right as Carmen was about to walk away, out of desperation Maia says.

"I-I can work part-time." Carmen stops in his tracks and walks back up to Maia.

"Why?"

"This job is just for pocket money. I'm trying to go on vacation."

"This job doesn't pay very well."

"That's fine, the trip is cheap anyways."

Carmen's mouth grows into a small smirk. "Well then, I guess I have a few more questions for you Maia."

He takes a seat down next to her and she sighs nervously.

"Why here? I mean you seem like you would be well off in your career by now."

Maia cocks an eyebrow at him, wondering where he would get that idea from.

"Well, what can I say. I just missed the costumer experience lifestyle. This is only going to be part time. I will only work whenever you need me for as long as you need me. So, am I in?"

Carmen gets up from his seat and looks down at Maia. He looks at her for a moment before looking around the room then back at her and offering her a hand in respect.

"When can you start?"

"I can start today."

Carmen sighs knowing that he should start her today, but Richie would be too busy to train her today.

"You can start tomorrow, welcome to the team Chef Maia."

"Don't you mean cashier Maia?"

"In this restaurant everyone gets called chef out of respect. Have a goodnight."

Maia nods her head as she was now standing to her feet because of Carmen.

"You fucking hired her?" Richie was fuming as he watched Carmy put Maia in the work system.

"We need a cashier Richie. You're driving more customers away than returning them. Maia has 8 years worth of costumer service, almost all of them as a shift lead. You could learn something from her."