Chapter 1

You paced in your dark green room at the Stark Tower. You had been living here for only a month, still it was beautifully furnished. Curtsy of Natasha and Tony. It could be called an apartment, as spacious as it was.

You couldn't breathe.
These were the times you really hated having anxiety.
Other times, it was tolerable.

Your chocolate brown eyes tracked every movement of the raven haired Prince, as Jarvis provided you with the live footage.

You could do this. You knew you could. You lightly touched your fingertips to your lips, a nervous habit. From years of keeping quiet and not speaking your mind.
You watched him, mesmerised.

Watching him appear so... human helped.

Watching Clint trip and fall, trying to hit him, made you laugh.

Maybe you could live here, not permanently, no.
You didn't want to be a burden.
But it was either this or execution for Avengers now resident Prince.

You weren't a fan of his, by any means, but you could take a little inconvenience if it meant someone would get to live.

He seemed to have a habit of belittling everyone around him, of shouting and screaming when anyone got too near.

Y/n, who hated loud noises, cried when someone started shouting, was in for a ride.

''Breathe y/n just breathe. We'll save a life. Just go with it, sure it won't be pleasant but you can do this.'' You said to yourselves.

You took a deep breath and tore your eyes away from the screen, from the raven haired man who could potentially die if you didn't... No, you would try your best, and the rest you would leave to fate.

''Miss Y/n, you are to come down to meet the prisoner in an hour. The Avengers are currently trying to get him to settle on the prison level.'' Jarvis' voice came from the ceiling.

"Why an hour J?" You asked, surprised at how long it was taking them to get a single person to settle.

You looked back at the screen. To find Thor struggling with Loki.

"He isn't the most cooperative person, Miss. They are currently, as you can see, trying to get him out of the Asgardian chains and put him into Stark tech, and he isn't being very helpful."

You could see him fighting with all his might as Thor tried to pin him down.

"We won't need Stark tech. I can bind his magic just fine. Tell Stark and Cap i am coming down." You said, with confidence you didn't quite feel.
"Besides, he won't try and change, to become a better person, if we are trying to keep him in chains any chance we get."

"Very well, Miss y/n I will speak to Mr. Stark and Captain." Jarvis politely agreed.

"Thanks, J." You said and went back to looking the raven haired Prince struggle in Thor's hold, and eventually, poor Thor stumbled back as he got a knife to the gut.

How the still had a knife was beyond you, and by the look on Thors face, he didn't know either.

"Okay, y/n, you can come down, but be careful. Even Thor doesn't know how he is still armed, but he is." Steve said.

"Why can't we send him back? Look at him he looks like he wants to kill us all. Why should we care if he lives or dies?" Clint said resentfuly.

"Please, my friends." Thor said, looking like a kicked puppy.

You could hear it in his voice. He sounded like he would start crying any minute now. Which was so unlike him.

You had to try. And do everything you could, if only for Thor.

"Steve, I am coming to the prison level. I'll be there in 5 minutes. Please don't let Clint do anything stupid. I don't want him angrier when I come down." You said as you looked at them all bicker.

You could join our family y/n.
Natasha had said.

I know it isn't what families are like, but we love each other despite who we are.

You smiled at the memory and started to make your way towards the elevator.

Towards your new family.

Towards your new life.

And perhaps towards his new life, too.