Chapter 2

As you came towards the door to the prison, your nerves only grew.
Be confident, you reminded yourself.

You tried to put up a false act of being just as cocky as he was.
To show that you were not afraid of him.

That you had power. And you did. You did.

You came to stand right in front of the metal prison door. It didn't open on its own.
"J?" You asked, unsure of what to do.

"Miss Y/n authorisation from Mr. Stark or any Avenger is yet to be given. Please wait patiently as I get your request through."

You let out a long sigh.
Okay, it was fine. You would walk in as if you had just come in and the doors unlocked for you. To show that you were trusted. That you had some sense of authority.

You would not show fear. Nope, not at all. Breathe. You reminded yourself. You got this.

You took a deep breath, and as the doors opened, you swaggered in. Head heald high.

"You are welcome to try Barton." Loki said, acid dripping from his voice. He was standing facing all the Avengers.

Back towards the wall.
His posture seemed relaxed, but you weren't buying it. Not for one minute.

He really hated humans. And it showed.

"Oh, I will. I will." Clint said.

"Please don't. The only reason I am here is for him to stay alive. It won't do if you kill him, Clint." Y/n said, entering the room. Walking as if you knew this place.

The Avengers sans Bruce were standing in a smi-circle facing the Asgardian Prince. They didn't even look towards you, save for Clint. All of them were standing ready to fight if the need would arise.

"Like i said mortal, he's welcome to try. I think we all know who will come out alive." Loki said with a wicked grin. His green eyes were full of lazy humour. But still wary.

Y/n's heart skipped a beat.
He was beautiful.

Bro, stop.

It just wouldn't do if you thought he was pretty.
You were the key to keeping him imprisoned.

"Well, I wouldn't want any of you to die. How bout that? Hmm." You asked. Coming to a stop right in front of him. Don't be afraid, you reminded yourself. But it was hard when you were standing right in front of him.
He was so tall. And you were painfully aware of how short you were. Not even reaching his shoulders properly.
"I am here so that you stay alive, and I love Clint very much, so please try and not to kill him." You smiled at him.

"I do what I want mortal." He said, looking ready to kill.

"You used to do what you wanted. Not anymore, now, there are rules, and you must follow them." Be brave. Show authority. "One of the most important ones is that you won't kill anyone, whether you like it or not. Got it?" You asked with the most innocent smile as if you hadn't just tried to order Loki around.

"How dare you! You filthy mortal if you think for one minute..."

"You'll have to wear Stark tech and stay in the prison level only. In solitaire confinement. I think i would very much prefer death over that." You cut him off before he could try and say anything. Before youl lost her confidence.
Before you hesitated.

"Lady Y/n..."

"Just a minute, Thor," You said, turning to Thor, giving him a pointed glare, like you weren't trying hard enough to maintain the guise, the last thing you needed was an interruption. You turned back, looked Loki in the eyes, and continued, "If you want to live, pretty one, then you better try to behave." You batted your eyelashes innocently at him.

If looks could kill, you would have been long gone.

"No." He said mockingly, after almost an eternity.

"And for your compromise, you'll get to keep a bit of your magic. Deal." You  said, as if he hadn't just said he wouldn't. You held your hand out to him.
You have control, you reminded yourself. Be brave.

You needed to touch him for this to work.
You needed to see his mind that did not make any sense to you. He thought in a language foreign to you.

Asgardian. Your mind supplied helpfully.

Maybe All-speak only worked verbally.

Nevertheless, one touch and you would know everything about his magic. And about him too. Everything he ever did.
Just one touch, and you would know if he even wanted to change, to become a better person.

You willed your hand to be steady as he considered his options. Glaring at you the entire time.

The Avengers had moved a bit closer, ready to help you, to save you if he tried anything.

"Fine." He said, sighing, "Do what you must." He clasped your hand in his strong ones, and your knees almost buckled.

It now seemed like a bad idea.

Every ounce of strength and fake confidence evaporated from your body as you felt what he had been feeling.
Saw what he had seen.

PAIN. PAIN. PAIN. PAIN PAIN PAIN. PAIN. PAIN. PAIN. PAIN. PAIN. PAIN. PAIN PAIN PAIN. PAIN. PAIN. PAIN. PAIN. PAIN. PAIN. PAIN PAIN PAIN. PAIN. PAIN. PAIN. PAIN. PAIN. PAIN. PAIN PAIN PAIN. PAIN. PAIN. PAIN.