Chapter 12

A/N

1k read celebration 🎊🎉🥳🪅🥳🥳🥳🥳
Thank you to anyone and everyone who made it possible.
Special thanks to

lillypig1 for being the only reason I wrote sometimes 😊

To my dearest friend Dream_Writer_457 thank you for listening to all the spoilers I gave you and not disowning me 😁

To Nina87230022 thank you for being such a pleasant surprise, believe it or not your comments made me alter the story greatly, for good. ❤️

○○○○○○●●●●●●○○○○○○●●●●●●

You had somehow wounded up on his bed last night.
The thunder rumbling outside had helped. He knew you hated loud noises.

You sat down to talk about the recent books you were reading, and you two had ended up crying like babies telling each other how it would shatter you to lose the precious friendship you now had. You both were still afraid to call it love. It felt like it was too soon, and too much all at once after you had been left bereft of even the basic things.

The rift that had formed after your sudden confession had healed, and love bloomed in its wake. It was stronger than before. You hugged each other close. The crying hadn't stopped after both your confessions.

In fact, you both had spent almost the entire night crying.

The pity was that even though you both loved each other more than life, you were unwilling to do anything that could even potentially make you lose each other. That, unfortunately, also involved both of you telling each other that you loved them.

So you both were content in whatever you had. Something more than friendship but something less than love.

The dawn broke out, and your teary eyes found his sleeping face from within his arms. He was holding you so tightly as if you would escape during the night.

His room was much the same as yours, but better. He cheated as he had help from his magic, so it didn't count how beautiful his room was.

His walls were viridian green with glittering gold lines weaving a pattern that ran from everywhere to everywhere.

The ceiling, a mixture of grey and the lightest blue. Like fresh sky peeping through after rain.

A rosewood closet that he had conjured that stood proud at the far end of the wall.

And books. There were so many books that the first time you had come here, you had done a double take.
Everywhere there were racks that could keep his voluminous books.
Entire different sections were dedicated to one genre.
His walls were swarming with books.

He would enchant them to appear in English for you, and both of you would lose yourself for hours to those books.

Like you lost yourself to him. He was your most preferred sight.

You had asked him to read poetry to you, but he had said it was a divine experience for all. It shouldn't be altered by anyone reading it a certain way. Still, you had won in the end. Your argument was: please, for me.

He read to you often after that. You'd never admit it, but you couldn't focus on what he read. All you could focus on was his voice.

"Y/n," he rasped. His eyes hadn't even opened a bit.

"Go back to sleep. It's still early." You tell him. Wanting to see more of him without him questioning your staring.

"I have a run with Steve." He sounds apologetic. Like he didn't want to leave you.