Gates of hell

~Sanji

I am diagnosed with death. I never heard the full diagnosis, only that I am dying. How beautiful.

Atleast I will finally escape from this world. There was nothing in here for me anyway. Only empty winds that carried more suffering to tear my heart with. Even the most beautiful things imaginable felt pale on the verge of entering afterlife.
Yet seeing Zoro crying was not something I expected.
Maybe the beauty of life is it's unexpected turns. We never know what might happen.
I on the other hand, always knew I would die young.
We are born to this world knowing that we will all die someday.
We get to dream about it. God knows how many times I have inagined my own death. I have had thousads of scenarios. But there has never been one, where Zoro holds my hand and cries.
Feels like we are 90 years old grandpas who have lived all their lives together, who have loved each other for thousands lives.
Maybe we really did, but in this lifetime we just didn't have the right circumstances to love each other. Maybe in our next life we can have it easier.

"You suicidal bastard, before you die I need to open my heart to you.
It's not that I don't love you, it's not that I am not attracted to you, it's that I am afraid.
Last time when I fell in love, she died and I wasn't able to tell her goodbye. I have been afraid of falling in love eversince.
But you, with those damn charming features and tasty feasts made me feel like a 12 year old girl. The night we shared was the best moment of my life. Surely the highlight of this crappy lifetime.
I should have told you about my feelings when there was still hope for something, but I was too afraid.
I couldn't tell you my feelings becouse if I admitted that I loved you, losing you would be unbearable. The second I realize and admit to myself that I am in love with you, I hear that you are dying.
So you suicidal maniac, have fun in hell. You stole my heart and that is a sin your soul will have to carry", Zoro confessed.

I was sure I was hallucinating. But I wanted to believe this was real. I desired it from the bottom of my empty heart. Zoro loved me.
Someone fucking loved me and I fucking loved them too!
In your face dad, I was worth something. I wasn't a meaningless existence and a waste of oxygen! I meant soemthing to someone.
I guess you can live a thousand years of suffering, you can hate yourself and your life, but it's the way you die that decides the true worth of your life. I lived sad, but I get to die happy.
My soul will surely find piece.
I feel enlightened. This must be it. I see light.

"Thank you Zoro. I love you too", I say and close my eyes. I will die with a smile on my face. "Sanji, your hair", Zoro utters. I open my eyes and glance at the mirror. Oh?
My hair is blond again, and my eye is light greyish. "This is not hell?" I question. "Y-you-" Zoro gasps. I feel a huge wrap of energy running incide me. I step out of the bed and I walk to the mirror.

It sure looks like me, but I feel different. Like something changed permanently inside me. Wait....
Was it becouse of what Zoro said?
I remember when I read about the odd diseases that have appeared in the royal families of the North blue. My condition surely reminded me of that one ailment called Venom di amor.
"Can you voice the words?" I request. Zoro looks dumpfounded when he tilts his head to the side. "Just say that you love me", I speak on his level. Now Zoro seems to realize what I meant. "I love you Sanji", he admits. He comes closer.
"I love you Sanji", he repeats.
He takes a few steps again and now his lips are only inches away from mine.
"I SAID I FUCKING LOVE YOU! YOU DAMN SUICIDAL MANIAC!" Zoro yells and connects our lips.
The kiss is gentle and his soft lips bear tenderness I've never seen. Our tongues twist and swirl around one another. Our souls are as connected as our saliva. I needed more of Zoro inside me. I needed to see the look of hunger on his face. I wrapped my hands on his neck and I oushed our faces even closer. Zoro surely must have felt the hunger.

"SANJI HOW DARE YOU DIE WHEN- WHAT THE-" Luffy screams as he opens the door. "ZORO STOP EATING SANJI!" the captain cries. I push Zoro slightly away from me and I go hug Luffy. "Hey don't worry Luffy. Zoro actually ahm gave me the medicine.... with his lips", I lie. Zoro smirks and I just raise my shoulders. "Oh? So a kiss will make you feel better?" Luffy says and he smacks  his lips on mine. The only thing I have time for to realize is that his mouth smells like meat. "IDIOT!" Zoro yells and pushes Luffy away. Luffy just giggles. "EVERYONE SANJI IS NOT DYING! ZORO AND I HEALED HIM!" Luffy announces. I run after him, grabbing Zoro's hand in mine and dragging him behind me. Luffy went to hug Brook and Franky who were crying together. Nami and Usopp held each other tight. Robin held Chopper in her arms.
Robin and Chopper calmed down immidiately when they saw Zoro holding my hand.
So they must have come to the same realization as myself regarding my illness.
"Everyone! You can stop worrying. It was just a false alarm. For scaring you all off like that, I would like to make it up with a celebration feast!"
That sets off hell of a party amongst the crew.