Bella's Protection

Embry's POV:

I was waiting for Quil on the treaty's borderline. He was taking a while to get here which irritated me. We both set a specific time to meet up, so I don't know why he wasn't here yet. I huffed and looked out at the Cullen's territory, taking in the beautiful scenery of the forest. My body became alerted once I heard a twig snap behind me. I was surprised once I turned around.

It was (Y/n).

"(Y/n)?!" I gasped.

"Hi..." She mumbled shyly.

I turned my body to face her completely. She was in her wolf form. I stared at her fur. It was as pure white as the snow, maybe even whiter.

"What are you doing here?" I walked towards her.

"Going with you on patrol, duh." She nudged me.

My eyes grew big. "What? I'm supposed to be going with Quil."

"I swapped places with him. Yes, Sam knows." She walked past me. "What are you waiting for?"

'This girl.'

I caught up to her and walked beside her at a similar pace.

"Does... Jacob know?"

"I didn't know I needed my brother's permission to do things."

I looked at her. "I didn't mean it like that. I'm sorry."

She looked back at me. "You apologize a lot."

"Sorry... I mean, um..." I looked away, trying to gather my thoughts. Being around her gets me nervous. I can never think and always end up saying the wrong things.

"It's okay. Let's just get this over with." I nodded and followed behind her.

Once we made it into Bella's neighborhood, we had to sneak around to make sure no one saw us.

As we got closer towards Bella's house, the stench of those things got stronger.

We walked into some small part of the forest behind Bella's house, following a small path that lead behind her house. Once we emerged from behind the trees, we saw the Cullens. A man and woman. If you could even call them that anymore. Once they heard us, they turned around and backed away slowly with each step we took forward. Finally, they leapt away into the trees and left me and (Y/n) alone.

• Good riddance. • (Y/n) huffed. She plopped down onto the floor and made herself comfortable. I was unsure of what to do next. I didn't know if she would be comfortable w me sitting beside her.

• Sit with me. • She interrupted my thoughts.

Nodding my head, I lowered myself to the ground, slightly away from her to give us some distance.

• How long do we have to be out here? • She questioned.

• Until sunrise. • I answered. I heard her grumble and lay her head down on the ground.

• Anyone put up a fuss when you left camp? • I tried to joke.

• Yeah... Hunter. • She replied swiftly.

'Hunter.'

I forgot about that guy for a brief moment. He was (Y/n)'s other imprint. I felt envious of that man. He is closer to (Y/n) than I ever was. I wish I had a close bond with her like he does. I wonder if they're anything more than friends, too. It still baffles my mind that she has 2 imprints. Neither I or Sam has ever heard anything of the sorts. Maybe it has something to do with being a white wolf...

Her head perked up and she looked at me. • You know about the white wolves? • I looked at her confused. How did she know what I was... Then it hit me. She was in my mind.

• I'm sorry. Your thoughts were... kind of loud. •

I hid my face from her, nearly dying of embarrassment. If she heard that then she must of heard what I thought about her other imprint. I was too embarrassed to talk to her, so I just stood quiet. Despite her being my imprint and volunteering to come out with me on my shift, I would have preferred having Quil here instead if it would save me this embarrassment.

• Me and Hunter are just friends. We decided that we didn't want to be lovers, as we didn't feel that way for each other. He's just my best friend, almost like another brother to me. • I looked at her for a moment before nodding in acknowledgement. I still chose not to say anything, but she continued to talk.

• Please tell me what you know about the white wolves, Embry. • She shifted closer towards me, her eyes pleading with me.

I sighed and turned my body towards her. • I don't know much about them, but I do know that they're in a different category from supernatural beings. Our legends tell us that Selene, goddess of the moon, comes down to earth every 100 years in the form of a werewolf that can possess specific powers depending on their environments. I don't know if you've noticed yet, but ever since you came down here, we've been having snow and random blizzards appear out of nowhere in certain areas. • I saw her eyes widen and her head nodded in agreement.

• Yeah, I have noticed that too. Any time I get worried or feel that something bad is going to happen, it starts snowing around me. When I was chasing that redhead, I was so angry and a blizzard started forming around us. I couldn't understand why, but now I see. •

• Your intuition and wisdom is far greater than any living being on this planet. Perks of being half goddess I guess. • I joked.

She groaned and huffed. • I doubt that's true. There's no way I'm part goddess. Let alone the goddess of the moon. •

• It makes sense if you think about it though. As I said before, I don't know much about that stuff. You should ask Sam. I'm sure he'd know a lot more than me. Or maybe your father. •

When she exhaled her breathe of air, it sounded like a slight whimper. • I haven't gotten a chance to see my father yet. •

I placed my paw closer to her. • We're having a bonfire tomorrow. Everyone will be there, including your father. • Her head shot up and her ears were perked. • Really? How come no one told me anything? •

I looked away in shame. • Well... I was kind of supposed to, but I forgot. But I was going to stop by after my shift to tell you! •

She laughed and shook her head.

• If you're out here, who's watching over your pack? • I wondered.

• Um... Hunter. He's my 2nd in command and my Beta. •

I hummed. • You went from being a beta to an alpha. Sounds exactly like something a goddess would do. •

She laughed and shoved me with her body. I laughed along with her and nestled down closer to her, waiting for our nightly shift to be over.

• I'll stop by to pick you and your pack up tomorrow before the bonfire starts, if you'd like. • I offered.

• Yes, I'd like that. • She snuggled closer to me. There was still a gap between our bodies, but our heads were closer together.

My heart was beating out of my chest and I was scared she'd hear. She most likely did considering how she was practically laying right beside me. Gaining some confidence, I raised my head and leaned it on top of hers, snuggling in closer as well. It was a bold move and I was scared it would make her uncomfortable.

• Is this okay? • I gulped.

• Yes, Embry • Relief flooded my body and I relaxed a ten fold.

I never wanted this moment to end, but atlas, all good moments must come to an end.