The Pack

3rd person POV:

It was an ordinary day like no other, nothing special was happening.

Timothy and Thomas went hunting for food while (Y/n) and her 2nd in command, Hunter, sat down by the fire in their cave they made as their home. Both wolves were talking about random topics until Hunter asked a question. A smile crept its way to (Y/n)'s face as her mind flew back to the old memories of her past.

(Y/n)'s POV:

"Hey, (Y/n), where'd you get that necklace from?"

I wrapped my fingers around the delicate material. I told him a brief summary about who gave the necklace to me. "My brother gave this to me before I left for the mountains. He told me, if I ever missed him or our home, just look at the necklace and remember about the all the times we spent together."

"Oh, okay. I see," he responded, looking down at the ground. He appeared to be thinking about something. What? I'm not sure.

He was about to ask me another question, but stopped once Thomas and Timothy made a loud entrance, dragging in 2 deer. "Woah! 2 deer in one night?!" Hunter shot up from his seat, walking towards the 2 young men. "Well, ya know, I am the 2nd smartest and strongest hunter here, Hunter." Timothy gloated. Hunter raised an eyebrow at Timothy's joke. "Who's the first?" Thomas asked. "Well, it's (Y/n), of course! Who else, dimwit?!" Timothy replied in an aggressive tone, shouting at poor Thomas. "Okay, okay, enough. Put the deer in the back over there and get some sleep. I'll take the first watch tonight," I ordered while I pointed to an area in the back of the cave. "Are you sure, (Y/n)? I could take first watch for you, so you can get some rest," Hunter offered.

His kind offer might have been a gesture mistaken for something else, to most people. Hunter is my imprint, however, we both came to an agreement that we didn't feel, nor want anything romantic between us. We were each others best friends and vowed to protect each other until our last dying breath.

"Yes, Hunter. I'll be okay. Plus, we have to wake up early tomorrow morning." I stood up from my seat and walked towards the entrance of the cave. "We're going to give my home town a little visit." I announced. "Wait, really?! Awesome!" Thomas cheered. "Ugh! Even more of a reason why you should rest. You are the one who is going to be leading us there, so you need all the strength and energy you could get before we leave. It's a long way down these mountains." Hunter tried to reason.

"Um, did he forget that we're supernatural beings with, technically, superpowers?" Thomas looked towards Timothy with his chin in his hands. "Calm down, man. She can take care of herself. She's not a child." Timothy rolled his eyes. "Yeah, a total badass!" Thomas agreed. "Listen, we know about you guys imprinting, but she's got this Hunter. No need to worry yourself. If anyone's smart enough, they'll keep their distance." A slight shade of pink rushed onto Hunter's face as he finally agreed, but not without a small huff right after. "If you see or hear anything, wake us up. Even if you think you're just seeing things, okay?" I rolled my eyes and smiled at him. "Yes, okay, I will. Now, hurry up and go to sleep! We leave at dawn." Shortly after everyone settled down, they were all sound asleep, especially Thomas. He looked drained from the hunt.

As for me, I found a comfortable spot to lean back on, right by Hunter. I laid my head down on his back and looked out of the cave's entrance towards the woods, watching the snow fall.

'It reminds me of my hair...'

I thought to myself as I picked up a loose strand of my hair. I raised the strand up in front of my face and put it parallel to where the snow was on the floor. I don't know why or how my hair changed to this color. Before, it was (h/l) and (h/c). Now, it's pure snow white.

*Flashback*

It was a few days after I met Timothy, Thomas, and Hunter and formed my small pack.

We had all agreed that the next day, we would all go hunting, since we were all starving.

The next day, when we all woke up and began to prepare ourselves for the hunt, the boys turned on me, thinking I was an intruder. At first, I thought they were betraying me, or trying to kill me.

"Hey, what the hell?!" I was completely confused and caught off guard.

"Who the hell are you?! Where's (Y/n)?!" Hunter shouted.

"Where's (Y/n)?- I'm right here! It's me, (Y/n)!" I raised my hands up showing I meant no harm once I saw Timothy and Thomas shift into their wolf form. Hunter cautiously walked towards me and began sniffing the air slightly. "(Y/n)? What the hell did you do to your hair?! You gave us a damn heart attack!"

"I gave YOU guys a heart attack?!" I was offended. "You guys gave ME a heart attack! I thought you guys betrayed me."

"What did you do to your hair? And how the hell did you get eye contacts!"

I knitted my eyebrows in confusion. What on earth was he talking about? I picked up a good clump of hair and brought up towards my eyes. My eyes widened and I nearly choked on my own saliva. 

'My hair... it was white! How the hell did it turn white overnight?! Am I sick or something?!'

"Alright, which one of you did this?" I asked, completely unamused. When no one fessed up, I looked back towards my hair and dug into my small bag I brought with me up in the mountains. I pulled out my small mirror and looked into it.

My entire hair was white, and my eyes were blue!

Despite being in shock and tense, we still went on our hunt and managed to catch a big elk. 

We ate like there was no tomorrow and had no leftovers.

I couldn't understand why or how this happened to me.

My mind tried to rack up any possible explanations for what happened today. There's no way this just randomly happens to people who come up into the mountains. 

"You know, if you're still wondering about..." Timothy pointed towards my hair. "There was this old book I read about legends of werewolves. It said something like, 'those who obtain the pure white fur of a wolf are the most powerful beings to exist. Every 100 years, a new vessel would be chosen and shall possess the great strength and power of the white wolf, thus becoming the strongest wolf/being in existence.'" We all looked at him a bit weary. "Don't look at me like that." Thomas snickered. "Like what?" Timothy rolled his eyes. "Like if I'm crazy."

I fed into Timothy's theory. It could very much be true, but I'll never know. 

Maybe, that's the reason why Sam tried so hard to get me to join his pack. Even though I do belong to the pack as its beta, I couldn't bring myself to join him. My brother even turned down his position as alpha. He didn't want to be apart of the pack just as much as I didn't.

On a more serious note, I felt more connected and in tune with nature now. The touch of snow felt inviting, and the wind whispered its secrets in my ears. The cold brought me a sense of happiness that I could not understand.

Hopefully, whatever happened today can uncovered soon.