The Duel

Jacob's POV: 

Me and the rest of the pack ventured up towards the mountain since we heard some commotion uphill. Whoever was here over stood their stay, and Sam was not happy.

As we continued walking up the mountain, a lone black wolf came into our line of vision. It was sprinting towards us at full speed. We all braces for an attack and Paul growled, trying to charge the wolf, but Sam stopped him.

• Not yet! •

As the wolf gained new distance pretty fast, they slowed down and started shouting incoherently. As he got closer, I could tell it was a man. He was panting like an exhausted dog. He began shouting, "Jacob, Jacob Black! Where is he?!" He stammered between heavy breaths. My body tensed up. Who the hell was this guy? "(Y/n) Black sent me!" At the mention of my sister's name, I moved closer towards the black wolf. "Did you say (Y/n)?"

"We ran into some trouble along the way!" 

"Did you say (Y/n)? Where is she? What happened?!" My mind was racing with so many questions. Where the hell was my sister!

He was able to slow his breathing down enough to talk more clearly. "There's no time to explain! Follow me! We ran into another pack- they're trying to fight her!" He turned around and began sprinting back in the direction he came from. "Hurry, she's outnumbered!"

Without thinking twice, I ran after him, despite hearing Sam's disapproval. I could't care less if I defied him. My sister needed me and I promised I would always be there for her. Without much choice, the rest of the pack ran after us.

As we got closer towards wherever this guy was taking us, there was some white stuff falling onto the ground and slowly circling around us. 

'Is that... snow?'

How could there be snow here? Something was definitely wrong.

(Y/n)'s POV:

I jumped out of the way before the other alpha could reach me and created some distance between us before she could strike again.

Not wanting to seem weak, I forced myself to fight back, doing my best to avoid the brutal attacks the power hungry girl in front of me threw. I hoped and prayed Hunter found my brother by now. 

I mainly stood on defense. I really didn't want to hurt this girl, despite what she was putting me through right now. I could tell there was something more to her than being an arrogant power hungry leader. I pitied the poor girl. I saw something in her eyes that reminded me of myself once: the look of anger and the need to feel accepted. 

My opponent sprinted back towards me after I deflected her attack once again. This time, before she attacked, I moved at a speed far faster than her and pushed her down with a newfound power I didn't know I had. The snow around us began to increase more as the fight continued on, almost as if a blizzard was circling us. 

I pinned her down onto the ground and snarled, saliva dripping from my snout. She squirmed under me, but alas she couldn't move. All it took was one final blow, and she wouldn't be alive anymore. Her life was in my hands now. 

I won. 

We both knew I won.

I didn't want to kill her. I didn't care what she did, either. I was going to let her and her pack leave freely. Before I could get up to negotiate an agreement, something crashed into me at full force, send me tumbling onto the ground. Caught off guard, I laid on the ground for a couple of seconds, giving whoever it was enough time to clamp their jaws around my neck. I whimpered in pain and immediately tried to kick the wolf off of me. I could barely breathe and badly wanted to relieve the pressure around my neck. I felt whoever was on me get ripped away from me, and fresh air filled my lungs. During that time, the blizzards wrath intensified, and it became almost difficult to see anything. From what I could hear, the rest of the wolves were fighting with each other. I could not tell who was fighting who, but I took my free moments to catch my breath.

Taking advantage of my weak state, their leader pounced on me. However, I was able to kick her off before she could bite me. I pinned her down for a second time, my anger increasing drastically. Another wolf jumped onto me, their teeth tearing into my flesh. They tried to yank me off of their leader, but I threw them off of me with so much strength, their body collided with a tree. They were knocked out cold. The chestnut brown wolf growled in anger, charging at me from my left side, when out of nowhere, a big black wolf jumped out of nowhere and tackled him onto the ground.

'Hunter.'