Chapter 45

Alayna had blood on her mind.

After spending a total of 7 days and 7 nights beside her husband's bed.

She would sit beside him as he slept, as he was going to carry on sleeping indefinitely. He was in a coma.

The doctors induced it because he had lost so much blood.

The police had come, so she told them that Mikhail's grandfather had been after them for a while.

They had given her a bodyguard, which she had begrudgingly accepted. He became her shadow, and she knew if she pulled a stunt, she'd be fucked.

So she checked herself into a hotel this time.

She was going to discuss with the chief officer to let the man off this duty.

She was fine, she would be fine. She just needed to dissect the man who brought forward their suffering and had caused her husband to fall into a coma.

*

She sat opposite the chief officer.

"I would like to have the officer's hours reduced. I just want him to guard my room at night and the hospital room all day."

The officer nodded.

"I will implement your request straight away."

She was led out of the office, and once the officer returned, he was given a strict order: "Keep a close eye on that girl; she knows far more than she is letting on."

Alayna headed straight towards the hospital.

She only knew peace when her husband was in front of her.

She sat beside her husband, clutching his hand for her dear life.

She was told to talk to him often, as he was able to process what she was saying.

"I'm here. I'm sitting right here. Come back to me, please."

And as expected, she was met with no response. Tears slipped from her eyes.

"Please Mikhail! You're all I have! You've got all I have! You have my heart, my soul, and everything. You can't just leave me like this!"

Her body was bent over, her head resting on his thigh.

She had never wanted to go back in time more than now.

She wanted her love from Mikhail back; she wanted to shower him with more love.

She wanted to do everything that she had never given importance to. She wanted to wake up to find a breakfast made by him; she wanted his forehead kisses and his long hugs after a long day; she wanted him to massage her feet even though there was never any swelling or hurt.

She wanted her husband.

The only man who had her heart.

The only man who will ever have her heart.

*

Night had prevailed; it was now extremely dark.

She had to go back, for it was the night of action.

A night full of blood, fingers crossed.

She made it down to the hospital entrance after bidding her dear husband farewell.

She was going to cause havoc in the lives of the men who had put her husband in such a critical condition.

In fact, she had already done so.