chapter one !

—

— "YOU need help moving anything else?" Luke asked his sister as they finished moving the new sofa in the living room. "No, I'm good. Thanks though." She smiled in return and he ruffled her hair.

"Well, I sent you the address of the soph house just in case." He told her and she nodded. "Got it. Bye, Lukey." Luna waved as her brother who turned to get back into the vehicle and headed off.

Luna walked into the apartment and let out a loud groan once she realized that she was alone until her roommates arrived.

A few hours later, Juliet arrived and began to unpack her things in her own room. and then a girl came soon after. Someone, neither Juliet or Luna knew.

"Hi! You must be our other roommate. I'm Luna Hughes." Luna introduced herself kindly to the girl and extended her hand to shake. "I'm Millie, Millie James."

"I'm Juliet Reynolds" Julie extended her hand for Millie to  shake as well.

"I have a feeling we're all going to get alone great!" Luna beamed excitedly before they all began to speak about themselves.

Maybe college wasn't going to be as scary as Luna thought.

Growing up, Luna's life revolved around hockey. All of her brothers had grown to love the sport, except for her. Her parents had tried to get her into the sport but she couldn't find it in herself to play it as good as her brothers did.

So, she quit hockey.

Turning to figure skating, she was an absolute angel in the ice. Maybe not in the same way as her brothers but as something different.

As she grew older and her brothers gained more accomplishments, she found a way to use that and put it into her skating.

With Quinn becoming captain of the canucks, Jack being a star player for the devils, and Luke getting drafted meaning soon enough he would also get into the NHL, all of that meant that people expected things from her too.

She always felt like the 'odd one out' per say, and mostly for the fact that she was always know as the Hughes' younger sister. She had no name and felt as if she had no place anywhere. Always reminded of how she was only that.

So, she pushed and pushed herself into becoming a better skater, her feelings, her passion, her thoughts, all in one routine.

Maybe then she'd find her place.

She'd had a meeting with the coach beforehand and was able to get a spot in and been accepted into the Umich Figure Skating Club.

All she wanted was to be known for her.

— INSTAGRAM !

lunahughes has uploaded a post !

- -

liked by julietreynolds and 30 others

lunahughes: back on the ice. plus the picture jules took of me.

load comments...

julietreynolds: i said 'pose' and she did that 😭
| lunahughes: makes me look cool 😎

lhughes06: ice is home
| lunahughes: never say that again 😭

jackhughes: skate ur heart out, moony!
| lunahughes: thanks rowdy 🫶🏼

_quinnhughes: Need and update on that routine
| lunahughes: sending it soon quinner!

trevorzegras: skate off. when?
| lunahughes: trev, we both know who'd win

markestapa has requested to follow you !
accept | decline

thoughts ?