chapter nine !

—

MARK ESTAPA. The name Luna couldn't possibly get out of her head, call her crazy but he was the only thing that she seemed to be thinking about since she woke up that morning. Why? Because Ethan had sent her a snap streak of him with a caption saying. "this ur man?"

Luna wasn't sure how she felt, maybe it was just a schoolgirl crush she needed to get over, or maybe she was actually falling for him.

There was just certain things about him that Luna was drawn to. Whether it's the way he acts or just himself entirely.

Luna laid on the couch comfortably as she watched 'Supernatural' on the tv. Her phone was on the little table that sat in front of the couch. It began to buzz, which caught her attention.

She leaned over, grabbing her phone and unlocking it to see who had texted.

— NEW MESSAGE
from mark 🫶🏼
i'm downstairs. wanna take a drive?

Luna had stumbled around in her bedroom, changing quickly so he wouldn't have to wait any longer. Not that he would mind, she just didn't want to keep him waiting.

Was this a date? She shook the thought away. It couldn't possibly be a date, she was his best friends little sister, why would he ask her out on a date?

There was just that one single part of herself that felt giddy, he asked her if she wanted to go on a drive, it was somewhat of a common thing that she had with Luke and Ethan but it was rare for Mark.

She quickly texted both her roommates letting them know she would be out. The two girls were currently out grocery shopping, Luna didn't want to tag along, choosing to stay home.

Glad that she did.

Luna exited her apartment and the locked the door before making her way down the hallway and to the elevator.

The elevator was slow, soon enough she was in the lobby. Heading outside to where she noticed Mark's car. "Hey!" Luna opened the passenger side door, climbing into the car. Mark's expression lit up at the sight of her. "Hey."

"So, where we headed?" She asked as he removed his car from 'park' and into 'drive'. Pulling out of the parking space he was in.

"was hoping we could watch a movie or something?" He offered, Luna blushed. "Sure, which one?" She tried to mask the excitement in her tone, but she was pretty sure he caught on.

"Well, I was looking...and I found a drive in. It's pretty far, but...if you're up for it? If not then we can totally just go to the movie theater—"

"No!—I mean— the drive in sounds great."

A slow grin formed on his face at her words and he nodded. "Alright, drive in it is."

The duo arrive after a long drive. They pulled up to the ticket box, looking at the variety of movies that were going to show that night.

"Okay, they have—"

"Grease!" Luna excitedly cut him off. He chuckled before turning to face her. "You wanna watch grease?" Luna nodded her head, a wide grin etched on her face.

"Two tickets for Grease, please?" Mark told the worker, handing him some cash before they were handed the tickets. "Thank you."

He found a nice spot close to the screen. The duo quickly made work of adjusting the trunk of the car open so they could sit, coincidentally Mark had a blanket there which they draped over where they were going to sit.

He changed the radio station to the one that was displayed on the ticket.

"I'll go get us some snacks, want anything?"

"Dr. Pepper and popcorn?" Luna responded softly, he nodded. "I'll be right back." Her phone began to buzz, her eyebrows furrowed as she opened it and went into her messages, seeing Ethan practically blowing up her phone.

— MESSAGES !

ethan da bestest !

yo
luke's asking where ur at

i'm out
can't he text me himself??😭

he's helping duker out w something
told me to text u

well
tell him i'm out

...
why r urs n marks location in the same place?
R U WITH MARK?

WHY ARE U STALKING ME?

answer the question, girl
😨

yes
we're at a drive in

so...
i wasn't invited?
ok
u hate me.

ethan.

no , it's fine
ill just tell luke 🥰

ETHAN
STOP
YK HE'LL THINK THE WORST

fine
u owe me 😗

okay
just tell luke i'm having some alone time

okay
i expect a full date report
tomorrow at breakfast

its not a date

yeah okay
and i'm not canadian 🙄

i hate u

get in line 🥱

thoughts??

ETHAN IS SO MESSY 😭
we love 🫶🏼