chapter three !

—

— LUNA groaned in frustration as she landed back on the ice. She couldn't get the jump right, it wasn't as great as she wanted it, it wasn't perfect. She was exhausted, having been there for about two hours already. After her last class she went straight to the arena, there wasn't practice today but she needed her routine to be perfect.

Her hands shakily adjusted her ponytail as she skated to the side and leaned against the boards. Only taking a break for a few minutes before going back to where she was.

Her breaths were elevated as she tried to calm herself, to bring herself to her comfort zone before continuing. The moment came and went because just a few seconds after that, she was back to practicing her routine.

Mark had been blowing up her phone after Luke had said she wasn't answering. After asking Juliet where Luna was, he made his way to the arena to check on the girl.

He approached the ice with slow steps, deciding to wait on the outside. He watched as she skated with passion, every spin had been perfected and then once she hit that jump. It was like she was freezing, she let out another frustrated huff as she landed.

Looking up, she met his eye.

"Mark? What are you doing here?" The sound of Luna's voice made his heart flutter as she skated closer to him. "You weren't answering the phone. Got a bit worried." He admitted. Luna frowned before checking the time on her apple watch. "Shit! I've been here for two hours."

"Have you eaten? You look pale." He noticed how she looked more pale than she usually ever did. She shook her head. "No, I got out of class and came straight here." She sat on the bench, bending to untie her skates but she only stayed hunched over trying to catch her breath.

He noticed this. "Here, let me." He kneeled so he could untie her skates. Only lifting a finger when she tried to protest.

Once her skates were untied, she slipped out of them as Mark sat beside her on the bench. "Wanna get something to eat?" He asked softly and she sent him a appreciative smile as she slipped on her uggs.

"That would actually be really nice."

The duo had arrived at a nearby cafe that was still open. Choosing to sit outside since the weather felt nice. A waitress came to set down some menus and ask for their drinks before walking away.

"There's a frat party next weekend. You going?" Mark asks, looking up at the girl sat in front of him. Luna hummed as she met his gaze. "I think so. Luke's not too keen on me going but I think it'll be fun. Plus, my first college party." She grinned.

Just the sight of her smile made him want to melt.

"You should come, and if you don't feel comfortable at any moment i'll stick by you." He winked and she blushed. "Thank you."

The rest of their time there flew by rather quickly, then soon came the time where they had to leave. "Need me to walk you up?" He asks as he parks in front of the door of her apartment complex and she shook her head. "No, I'm okay."

"I'll see you tomorrow?" He nods at her question and she smiles before opening the door and climbing out of the vehicle. "Also, thank you...for the food and for checking on me"

"Always."

She smiled before closing the door fully and walking into her apartment complex. Taking the elevator to her floor, she walked to her apartment and unlocked the door. Juliet and Millie were sat on the sofa watching a movie.

"And where have you been?" Juliet asked as she paused the movie. Luna smiled softly before answering, "with Mark."

"How devious of you." She winked as Millie let out a laugh. "Yeah, yeah, goodnight." Luna walked into her room and turned on her lights before slipping into her pijamas.

She sat on her bed before scrolling through her contacts and pressing on the one she wanted.

Facetiming Quinner 💙...

"Hello?" Quinn answered the call. "Hi Quinny." She greeted her oldest brother and he let out a smile. "Hey, kid. What's up?"

"I have so much to tell you!" She sighed and he nodded. "So, there's this boy—"

"A boy?"

— INSTAGRAM !

lunahughes has uploaded a story !

jackhughes has liked your story !

lhughes_06 has liked your story !

trevorzegras has liked your story !

markestapa has liked your story !

and others...

— NEW NOTIFICATION

rowdy ❤️
ur on ft w quinn 💔💔💔

thoughts ?