chapter two !

—

— LUNA had gotten used to her schedule and everything quite quickly. Going to classes, skating practice, and bonding with her roommates. All of that taking so much of her time, that she barely saw Luke at all.

So, when he texted her and invited her to their first game of the season, she wasn't going to decline.

"Are you guys busy?" She asked her roommates, both of them shook their heads. "Why?" Millie asked as Luna sat on the other end of the couch. "My brother invited me to his game, wanted to see you guys would join?" She said hopefully with a smile.

"Game? What does he play?" Millie asked. "Hockey." Juliet answered simply and Millie nodded in understanding. "Oh, never been to one before. I'll go." Millie agreed and Juliet did too a little bit after.

A little bit later as they were going to leave for the game. Luna stood by the door wearing a 'Hughes 43' jersey with some black flared leggings and a pair of white shoes. Juliet came out wearing a similar jersey with some jean shorts and white shoes.

Luna had let Millie borrow Ethan's jersey that he'd given to her once. Luna had a lot of jerseys, she had Luke's, Ethan's, and Dylan's from the school. She had Jack's from New Jersey, Quinn's from Vancouver, with the addition of Trevor's from Anaheim.

"Let's go girlies!"

Luna spent the whole game explaining what was going on to Millie. Her eyes occasionally catching the number '94' on the ice.

Michigan ended up winning against Penn State.

After the game Luke had texted his sister asking if they wanted to go out to eat with them.

"Luke asked if we wanted to go out to eat with them? What do you guys say?" Luna asked her roommates as they exited the arena. "I could eat." Juliet shrugged and Millie nodded in agreement.

Soon enough, Luke, Ethan, and Mark walked out of the arena. Luna felt a light heat in her cheeks at the sight of the boy beside her brother.

"Luna has a little crush on Mark, but he's been deemed off-limits to her like most of Luke's friends. Some rule he made up." Juliet explained to Mille who nodded as she listened.

"Yeah, and it's dumb." Luna rolled her eyes just thinking about the 'rule' Luke had made up.

She wasn't allowed to date any of his teammates and they weren't allowed to date her. In his mind he thought he was just protecting his sister from heartbreak, maybe that's why he thought it was a good rule.

"Hey." Luke greeted the trio as they walked up to them. "Moony!" Ethan's voice was as loud as he stood beside her, ruffling her hair causing her to glare at him.

"Guys, this is our roommate Millie, Millie, this is my brother Luke, Ethan, and Mark." Luna pointed at each and they each waved.

"Hi, sugar." Ethan spoke to her roommate, a smirk on his face which caused Luna to roll her eyes playfully at her friends actions.

"Let's go eat guys. I'm starving." She walked ahead, passing Mark as she did so. Blushing when their eyes met.

INSTAGRAM !

lunahughes has uploaded a post !

- -

liked by markestapa and 100 others

lunahughes: saw lukey play 🙌🏼
tagged: lhughes_06

load comments...

lhughes_06: best player am i right 😌
| lunahughes: no i think its mark

edwards.73: who's the goblin in the first slide
| lunahughes: blocked.

markestapa: 😌😌
| lunahughes: sorry, i dont speak emoji

julietreynolds: haha (unlock the front door i forgot my key)
| lunahughes: LMAOAAOOA

milliegray: fun game! didn't know what was going on😭
| edwards.73: i could teach you 😌
| lunahughes: ethan, get out of my comments pls

jackhughes: haha but when are u gonna come to a game?😜
| lunahughes: use that emojis again and ill never show up.

_quinnhughes: Answer my ft ☹️
| lunahughes: SORRY QUINNER I WILL

trevorzegras: LAME!! come to a ducks game🥱
| lunahughes: ur so silly haha😐

thoughts ?