Irony

Story idea by Adolf__rizzler

.

.

.

"Your son has been found to have lung cancer, Ayanokoji-san..."

.

.

.

"...What? How? Why?"

.

.

.

"There has been signs of radon gas present in his room. Do you have any idea of how that might have happened?"

A shake of a head. 

.

.

.

"There is a low chance of him surviving to the age of 20. His cancer was found pretty late, unfortunately. There is an estimated 4-5 years of his life left before he dies. Meanwhile, he should not do too intense physical activities, but still stay active to prolong his life expectancy. If you want, you can have him take some targeted drugs to slow down the mutation of the cancer cells."

A nod.

.

.

.

Kiyotaka POV

Cough Cough

Red. Blood. 

Pain. 

I have been coughing up blood for a few days now. Quite regularly. Plus, I have chest pain at times too. 

However, I continue with my daily activities as usual. 

Wake up. 

Academic lessons. 

Eat.

Swimming lessons. 

Martial arts lessons. 

Eat. 

Exercise. 

Academic test. 

Eat. 

Physical test. 

Martial arts lessons. 

Sleep. 

The same cycle repeats itself everyday, again and again, despite the stinging pain I've been going through. 

Alone, with white walls everywhere around me, my health deteriorates slowly. 

My cough gets worse everyday. However, I don't stop. Ever. 

Rather, I can't.

And I feel tired more often now. 

Cough Cough. 

Red. Blood. 

Pain. 

.

.

.

...I think I'm going to die. I have the symptoms of lung cancer, and with no treatment, my death within the next few years is going to be inevitable.  

And I'm sure that man knows of my condition. 

However, he doesn't ever show favouritism. 

If I die, I die.