3. Tea Time

After the meeting, Toji offered to drive you home, which you accepted. As you sat in the passenger seat while holding Shiu's jacket up to cover your chest, thinking about everything that has happened in the past two hours.

I'm the leader of the team . . .

That means,

I'll be with Toji all day until he gives me a job to do!

Well, nothing different from before, but I'd be seeing a lot more.

"Something on your mind?" Toji asked, making you fluster a bit in your seat.

"Nothing at all."

"Liar." He mumbled under his breath. Did you actually think you could lie to him? Well, yes, but he wasn't going to tolerate it.

"You know you don't have to keep up that act all the time. It's just me and you right now."

You sighed and smiled shyly at him. "Why am I the new leader?"

Toji sighed. "The answer is as simple as I said during the meeting. That's all there is to it."

"So, that's all?"

He nods, keeping his eyes on the road.

"And you're driving me home because. . ." You trailed off, expecting him to answer.

"Because I felt like it."

You scoffed and rolled your eyes, crossing your arms.

"Look who's lying now. . ." You mumbled under your breath.

"Speak up so I can hear you properly."

He's annoyed. . .

"It's just that you never speak alone to me outside of 'work' unless it's something important that only involves me."

"Don't talk as if you know me." Toji growled, gripping onto the steering wheel. You notice this and swallowed your pride. At least tried to.

"I think I've known you for a while now."

He chuckled darkly at your response. "Keep telling yourself that."

You stayed silent, looking out the window with your mind racing. The silence made time go by slower than it already was. It was midnight, and you were tired. You didn't have a sleep schedule, simply because the calls or missions you'd get were random. So, it was pretty challenging for you to rest. Eventually, you got used to it. Sometimes, you'd go more than a day without sleep.

Even knowing Toji for a couple of years, he never made exceptions. He treats you exactly how he treats everyone else. You never knew what he did in his spare time or if he even had any hobbies. Things always remained professional.

Maybe you were above all else with other people in his life, or at least that's what other people think.

"We're here."

You sat up straight and let out a small yawn, feeling Toji's gaze on you. His expression. He always seemed to have a smirk on his face or a lazy smile.

Do the ones in command just enjoy what they do?

"Thank you for the ride." You say with a sigh while taking off your seatbelt.

You took off the jacket and folded it nicely before holding it out to Toji. "Can you please give this back to Shiu?"

Toji didn't say anything as he just stared at you. He seemed like he was trying to form an answer.

"N-never mind. I'll give it back to him tomorrow. Thank you again."