Chapter 4

Me and Needy were sitting in biology waiting for the teacher. Needy was frozen in her seat, and I could hear everybody talking about the fire.

"Needy," I call out to her for the 12th time.

"Needy!" She finally breaks out of her trance.

"Huh,"

"Are you sure about what you told me last night about Jennifer? Like, it was totally not a dream." I ask.

"Yes, y/n. I mean, " She shows me her hand. Black outlines her nails. " How do yo exclaim these. I know what I saw."

"Then, explain that." I say.

"Explain what?" She looks at me.

"That." Her gaze follows my hand to see a normal looking Jennifer walking toward us.

"Where's it at, Monistat?" Jennifer.

"Hi, Jen." I roll my eyes,  standing from her seat.

"Y/n."

"I'll see you later, Needy. " I say, walking away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Needy's pov

"What does that mean? I'll see you later? Why would she wanna see you later?" Jennifer asks me, malice coating her voice.

I don't blame her. Her and y/n have been together since we knew what relationships were. 

"It's nothing. It's - you're alright." I cut myself off.

"Yea, why wouldn't I be?" She shrugs.

"Cause last night at my house you were -" My panicked statement is cut off by Jennifer.

"You do have a tendency to freak out. Remember when we were at Girl Scout camp and you totally thought there was an earthquake, but it was just two guys with a ghetto blaster? " She giggles, sitting down next to me.

"People died, Jennifer. It's like all over the news. " I stress. "National News."

"Anybody that we know?" She asks, putting gloss over her lips.

"We know everyone."

"Sucks to be them, I guess." She shrugs. Shrugs.

"What is wrong with you?"

"What is wrong with you?" She fires back. " Besides the obvious surface flaws. Or the fact that you're suddenly all buddy buddy with my girlfriend."

I knew it was real. I've been up all night scrubbing the carnage off the linoleum.

Shoot.

"Please don't talk to yourself." I must have said it out loud. "It's one of your freakish Needy behaviours, and it makes us both look like total gaylords."

I show her my hands like I did to y/n.

"Ew, fuck. You need a mani bad. You should find a Chinese chuck to buff your situation.

The teacher comes in and starts talking.

"This is a dark, dark day for devil's kettle. -

-------------------

My hand hurts😮‍💨 , but I will endure it for you, my luvvies