𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 [8]

MYSTERY GABHHEJE)

Koyuki held onto Hakuji tight as she whined. "I can't take this anymore! I don't wanna solve mysteries anymore!"

"Koyuki, we only solved one mystery.." Hakuji chuckled, patting her head.

"But why does this mystery have to involve Y/n? She's too nice!" Koyuki complained.

"Koyuki, if you don't shut up, I'm kicking you out of this dorm," Rui threatened, glaring at her as his arms were crossed.

Koyuki stuck her tongue out at him. "You're a big meanie!" She exclaimed.

Muichiro shrugged. "Anyway, Y/n's father is still alive. Remember when Y/n got hit that summer?" He asked.

Rui and the others shivered, nodding. "Yeah," they all said in unison. "What about it?"

"I saw how it happened. Y/n was clearly seen by the driver. But the driver kept going anyway. I'm thinking that this was all planned." Muichiro explained.

Rui sighed. "And do we have proof that it was the cause of Y/n's father?" He asked.

"No. But he is our only culprit at the moment." Muichiro replied, pondering in his mind.

"Are Y/n and her siblings in danger?" Koyuki asked with a concerned frown. She held onto Hakuji's arm tight.

"Maybe," Rui replied. "It really depends on what this guy's status is."

Koyuki and Hakuji gave each other a glance of concern and nodded. "Alright."

♣︎◆◆♣︎◆◆♣︎

Muichiro looked at Rui and tilted his head. "Rui," he said, "Do you miss Selena?"

Rui paused, typing on his laptop, and looked at him. He narrowed his eyes. "I beg your pardon?" He asked, closing his laptop.

"Do you miss Selena?" Muichiro repeated, tilting his head to the other side. "... does anyone miss her?"

"... we haven't really talked about her, huh?" Rui asked. He sighed and combed his hair back. He looked at his laptop. "... I miss her."

"Why don't you talk to her?" Muichiro asked.
"... it makes my heart ache. She's so close to dying... and I... can't bring myself to speak to her. I don't want to see her in such a fragile state..." Rui replied.
"... how old is she?"
".. 18."
"Oh."

Muichiro looked at his phone and looked at Rui. "You should text her," he said with a smile. He grabbed Rui's phone.

Rui gasped. "H-hey, you dumbass! Give it back!" He exclaimed, snatching it from his grasp. "The hell, man."

"Text her." Muichiro said, looking at him. "Don't be chicken shit."

Rui glared at him and sighed. He went to Selena's contacts and began texting her with a narrowed look. After a moment, he set his phone down.

"Yay! Good job. You're now not chicken shit!" Muichiro said with a fake enthusiastic smile.

Rui glared at him. "Shut up."

"You two never seem to get along, huh?" Y/n asked, joining them at their table.

Muichiro smiled wide and pulled her onto his lap. "Hello!" He kissed her cheek.

Rui looked off to the side. "Hey," he muttered, sighing. He looked at her. "So... how are you?"

"I'm good. I heard about two new students joining our college," Y/n replied, kissing Muichiro's forehead.

Muichiro smiled wide, his aura so bright and happy. "Really? Well, forgive me if I'm possessive, but I hope these new students don't even come close to you."

Y/n smiled warmly at him. "I guess that's fine. Just make sure you don't go yandere mode, okay?" She asked.

He nodded and snuggled his face in her neck. Y/n giggled. "You're so cute!"

Rui drank his coffee with a blunt expression. "I'm going to kill myself." He muttered. He set down his coffee and typed on his laptop. He narrowed his eyes and looked at a few files.

"Have you ever met your dad, Y/n?" He asked, looking at her. Y/n tilted her head. "Hm.. never. I mean, he left when I was a baby." She replied.

Rui looked at the files on his laptop and sighed. "Alright." He said, clicking on a file. He skimmed through it before widening his eyes.

"Holy shit."