Chapter 4

Fredrick's POV:

"You've really screwed me over, you bastard." I'm at my desk going over files when Jarrett calls me.

"What did I do this time?" I don't need to keep anything from Jarret; he's been my best friend since day one of college.

"Your little stunt. She was a virgin, you asshole." I know that will get him to feel a little bad for what he did.

"Ah shit, man. I just knew you wanted her since you kept staring at her the whole time you were here."

I stared at her? Sure, I noticed her. Who wouldn't? She's a knockout. But to stare at her. That's something I always tried to avoid. I let out a breath of frustration and continue, "Not only that, but somehow we got married while we were in our drug-induced state. Now Shelby's pissed. She's tried calling a few times already, but I'm ignoring her calls. My Father thinks I did this on purpose, and now I have to somehow smooth it all over with Stephen Baker."

Jarett laughs more and more as I ramble on. "That's not a big deal. Just get it annulled."

I roll my eyes. "I'm not getting it annulled."

"What? Are you crazy? Why wouldn't you get it annulled?"

I stand up and walk to my floor to ceiling windows and look out over the city. "You know better than anyone, I always said I'm only getting married once, and that is only because of the shares. After a year I'll divorce her and send her on her way."

...Jarret doesn't say a word. After a short while he finally speaks. "So, what you're

really saying is I did you a favor. Your

wife is smoking hot, and you get out of

marrying that whiny bimbo your father

has shoved down your throat. This will

probably piss off Baker and he'll want

to cut ties...You are welcome, my

friend." Jarret hangs up...I'm speechless.

"Sir, Ms. Cavanagh is here to see you." My guards on the ground floor warn me.

"I want four guards stationed outside my office after she enters. She may need an escort out," I respond. My guards are the best. They've had to escort Shelby out a few times, along with many others. Even they don't like Shelby, but they know their place and would never speak out. They're all trained in weaponry, shooting, and hand to hand combat. I send them to Taiwan for a year for even more extensive training. They are damned good at what they do, and they have never lost. They better be good. I pay them top dollar.

My office door opens, and I don't even move. "Darling, have you fixed this yet? Who is this slut that would dare to do this? If I find her, I will destroy her. Don't you worry. She'll never be able to show her face in society."

I turn around, my gaze is enough to stop her squawking. "This matter is resolved." She smiles and struts toward me. I stop her in her tracks by saying; "the marriage is official and will remain." All color leaves her painted face, and her mouth drops open like a fish out of water. It's a hilarious site, but I keep a straight face. "I will speak to your father about our arrangement. You may go."

Now her face turns red. I can see her little brain smoking, trying to figure out how to handle this. I walk to my desk to keep from laughing at her. You would think after two years she would have grown on me. That's not the case. "Darling, what about me? What am I supposed to do? What will I tell my friends? How can I show my face?" Her anger gets more obvious with each question.