Chapter 9

Fredrick's POV:

I return to my home after a draining day. "Mrs. Bailey, where is my wife?" I ask as soon as I walk through the door.

"The Missus is in the bedroom. Sir, she informed me that she feels uncomfortable being called ma'am. I've informed the staff to refrain from doing so." Julia is a simple and laid-back woman. Of course, she wouldn't like the formal title.

I nod. "Very well." I open the door to my bedroom when my ears are assaulted by alternative rock music playing. It's the same kind of music I listen to when I'm in the garage or working out. The music is coming from her closet. I remove my suit jacket and take a peek inside. She's taking items from boxes and placing them on the shelves. I lean against the doorframe and watch as she dances along with the music. Her yoga pants are tight and show off every curve. She's wearing a white tank top with a knot in the back. It's long and reaches mid-thigh, but it's slim and hugs her body. Her hair is in a ponytail. She looks ready for a workout. I could give her a hell of a workout, and, man, I really want to. This girl absolutely does it for me. I want her.

She empties a box and turns around. "Holy shit!" She jumps in fright, and her hand goes to her heart. "You scared the crap out of me."

I laugh at her outburst. "That was obvious by the way you cursed just now."

She shakes her head and gains control of her breath. "How long have you been standing there?"

I stand up straight and approach her. About two songs." I grab her hips and pull her body closer. She's glistening with perspiration and her scent is stronger. My appetite grows so I devour her mouth. My hand slides down her back and cups her cheek. I give it a squeeze. Her flesh is soft and yielding.

She's bigger than the girls I've dated in the past, but she's not fat. She's just built thicker. I like it. I'm not afraid to break her. She pulls away but I don't let her go. I keep her hips right where they are, where they belong. "Fredrick, I'm all sweaty."

I wrap both my arms around her and press my body against her so she can feel how she affects me. "It's pretty sexy." Her face turns crimson, her innocence shows through her eyes. I took her virginity when we were drugged. Mentally she's still a virgin. I need to keep this in mind. I pull away and go straight to the cold shower. I dress in a t-shirt and jeans then head to my study. I feel like a scoundrel for the way I treated Julia. She's innocent and sweet. I feel like I should be protecting her from men like...well, me. As her husband, it's my job to keep her safe. I resolve to be better to her.

I work a few more hours then ask Mrs. Bailey to have dinner brought up. I work until I can no longer see straight. It's getting late so I close down my files. I walk down the hall and stop when I hear the sound of billiard balls cracking. I curiously turn toward the game room. Julia is knocking in one ball after another. "Your cues are bent." She says without looking up from the table.

I walk around her to a closet. "Those are for the staff to use. What size do you want?"

She places the stick in the holder on the wall. "I use a 52-inch 20 weight." I reach up on the shelf and pull a case down for her. I grab another case that holds my best cue. She skillfully puts the three- piece cue together and applies chalk.

I rack the balls. "Ladies first. Loose or tight?"

She takes the cue ball and lines up her shot. "Tight." I roll the balls a few more times and remove the rack. She sends the cue ball flying. The balls scatter and she sinks a striped ball. She lines up her shot and sinks another. "Where did you disappear to?" She misses her next shot, and I suspect it was on purpose.

"I was taking care of business in my study. What did you do?" I take my shot and sink it, followed by the next.

"I finished unpacking then ate dinner with the staff."