Chapter 10

I wake up before my alarm with a leg strewn across my torso. I turn my head to look at her. I watch as she sleep peacefully. Her leg begins to move down and she tosses her body away from me. I think she is awake, but soon her breathing steadies out again. I take the opportunity to get out of bed. I turnoff the alarm to let her sleep. I get in my morning workout then come back to my, our room to shower. She's on her belly hugging my pillow. I chuckle to myself. I shower and dress then goto put the towel in the bin. Right on topis a pair of light blue lacy boy shorts. Inlet out a breath, these are so sexy. After seeing her panties, my mind starts to wander. I wonder what she'll look like.in just panties or in a bikini. I stop myself right there. The time will come when she's ready. I just have to be patient. For her, I can be.

I make a few arrangements with Mrs.Bailey and head out. I have a breakfast meeting to attend. The meeting is fruitful for both sides and quickly contracts are signed. I shake hands and return home. Julia is dressed but half asleep when she comes down the stairs. I ask for a cup of coffee so I can join her while she eats her breakfast....a bowl of children's cereal. The box is red with a cartoon rabbit. I wonder what the appeal is. "Would you like some coffee?" I ask as she puts a spoonful in her mouth.

Her cheeks are puffed and her eyes shoot daggers at me. She finally manages to swallow. "Have you ever seen me drink coffee?"

She's been with me for 3 months and not once have I seen her with a cup."No, I haven't."

While she takes a drink of her orange juice I steal a bite of her cereal. "Hey."She grabs the spoon and points it at me like she's brandishing a weapon."Never steal the cereal. You could die for a lot less than that." I puff my cheeks and crunch down as grotesque possible. It's actually not terrible. As soon as I can, I steal another bite. She grunts at me, but doesn't say anything.

Mrs. Bailey enters with an envelope. I open it and go over it's contents. I set it in front of Julia. "What's this?" She opens it up and looks through it..

"They're for you. There is a credit card with no limit for you to use as you please. I would like it very much if you would use it. There is also a copy of our marriage license and certificate so you can update your ID. Unless I'm with you, Corey will take you anywhere you need to go and will accompany you from now on. I think it best to arrives separately to work for the time being. I like to have my own car anyway."

She drinks the milk from her bowl. "Do I really need a babysitter?"

I hand her a napkin. "Corey is a bodyguard, my best in fact. And yes you do. He has other duties to perform while you're here or in the office, so it won't be an inconvenience to him.'

Julia looks me over. "Are you going somewhere?"

I take a drink of my coffee. "No, I've Already returned. I had a breakfast meeting

She stands up and walks in front of me"In that case." She unbuttons my jacket and slides it off over my shoulders. She Then removes my tie and unbuttons my top two buttons. "Much better." she tells me with a sweet smile. She lands a quick chaste kiss on my lips. "Why Didn't I know you had a meeting today?I've never scheduled a meeting for Sunday."

I feel my phone buzz in my pocket. "I arrange some of my more important meetings." I tell her as I pull out my phone.

She glares at me. I look at my caller ID,it's Shelby, again. I grunt and press end call. "Ms. Cavanagh?" I look up and nod. "Give me your phone." I give her alook that says no way in hell. She scoffs, "don't you trust me?" I narrow my eyes at her, but eventually cave. I do trust her. I unlock my phone and hand it over. She has my phone for about 10 seconds then hands it back..

"What did you do?"

She smiles at me. "I just blocked her number. Now her calls won't go through and you won't be bothered by her." I could smack myself for not thinking to do just that. An alarm goes off on her phone. "Damn it, I'm going to be late." She runs off up the stairs.