𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟎𝟐. 𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐮𝐦𝐧

*ੈ𑁍༘ ❀

:¨ ·.· ¨:
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎𝐼𝑓 𝐼 ℎ𝑎𝑑 𝑎 𝑓𝑙𝑜𝑤𝑒𝑟 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦 𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒 𝐼
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎𝑡ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑜𝑓 𝑦𝑜𝑢, 𝐼'𝑑 𝑜𝑛𝑙𝑦 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑜𝑛𝑒;
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒗𝒆 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒍𝒆𝒇𝒕 𝒎𝒚 𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒅
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ '· . ୨୧‎
*ੈ𑁍༘ ❀

As the months passed, Dazai's FFI Steadily progressed. He was slowly losing more and more sleep. Days between even a single few hours of rest. Kunikida came around to his dorm quite often, checking up on him regularly. The man had started researching FFI the moment Dazai was officially diagnosed.

Typically those diagnosed with Fatal Familial Insomnia could live up to three years after diagnosis. But that was just for those who were lucky enough, the average life expectancy was eighteen months after diagnosis. Some even passed within a short span of seven months. There was no known cure.

The only treatment that could help manage the symptoms.

It felt like the clock was ticking rapidly, the clock that eventually would stop ticking, whenever Dazai succumbed to his illness. Now that it is Autumn, it has gotten colder. This means Kunikida would have to take extra care to make sure Dazai wore a coat whenever he went outside.

For the foreseeable future, Dazai was still able to work. The president wouldn't let him go out on any jobs anymore, so he stayed back in the office, filling out reports and helping with paperwork. If he wasn't doing that, then his coworkers would dote on him.

Especially Atsushi, whenever he had the chance, he was asking Dazai constantly how he was doing, or if he needed anything. Dazai knew the boy was doing it out of concern, but it was starting to get on his nerves. Everything seemed to irritate him more for the past few weeks. The smallest sound seems to push his buttons.

This was no doubt caused by this struggle with sleep, which was helped managed with medication that activated deep sleep for the body. Another annoying symptom on top of the lack of sleep, was muscle spasms. They would suddenly happen at random points and were a huge annoyance. Especially when trying to fill out a report.

Both of these rather frustrating symptoms of FFI could both be managed and relieved with medication, however, the worst of all the symptoms included with the horrid illness, was hallucinations.

To be blunt, Dazai had, at least only recently, been tortured by hallucinations. Whether it be voices, noises, or images, it all happened. He was frequently bombarded with images of Odasaku, covered in blood and screaming at him. Constantly telling him that it was "his fault."