seven

sorry y'all had a lil breakdown over my life, but I finally wrote a new chapter 😩

filler chapter + Vera's and Reid's date.

"Vera!" I turned around, hugging my body with the dark blue sweater I wore, rain quietly poured outside, hitting the roof of the building. I saw Penelope running down the stairs, nearing my new desk that was already filled with my things. "Soooo," She giggled, taking sips out of an octopus mug.

"So what?" I smiled, fixing my hair, as I curled it early in the morning.

"I heard you and Reid are going on a date after this," She playfully hit my shoulder, "You better tell me everything," She whispered in my ear when Derek whom I was forced to own a desk near snickered under his breath.

"Come on," I groaned still smiling, "You won't ask me about my first day working here?" I raised a brow, pretending to look mad.

"Ah that doesn't matter," Garcia swatted her hands, grabbing mine, "What does is how did I not know we have an office romance brewing," She almost squealed.

"Okay you need to calm down," I giggled, "We are just going on a date, no office romance,"  I rolled my eyes.

"Hey guys," Reid stumbled in, looking confused at my heated face and a laughing Gacia and Derek. "We are the only ones left in office," He sat down, still oblivious or maybe not caring enough to get what was happening.

"Anyway," I changed the subject quickly, sitting down as well. "Is Hotch always so..." I looked for the right word.

"Rude?" Gacia asked, "You're new, he needs to learn about you before getting comfortable," She shrugged her shoulders, leaning on one of the empty desks.

"I thought he already knew me," I air quoted.

"He knew you as a friend, not as a coworker," Derek noted.

"I guess so," I smiled, looking back at my table, seeing a little paper at the edge of it, threatening to fall off.

Meet at my car in ten minutes - Reid

I blushed, folding the paper in my pocket before looking up at Reid, nodding as discreetly as I possibly could, knowing we were next to two profilers.

"Okay I'm not staying here more than I need to," Garcia raised her arms, sending air kisses to the room before leaving for the elevator.

"I'll also go," I mumbled, packing my things in my bag, Reid doing the same, "will you be okay alone Derek?"

"Yes," He laughed, "Go, sweetheart," I rolled my eyes   playfully at the nickname.

"Will do," I winked, and walked off, feeling Spencer trailing off behind me.

----------------------------------------------------

"This was a good choice," I looked around the quiet cafe we sat in.

"It was Garcia's idea, she said we both like books and coffee and this place had both," He scratched the back of his head.

I laughed, "Well that would be correct," I pulled at my skirt, feeling my tights hit the cold metal chair. "So," I looked at the little menu they had. "I don't really do dates if I'm being honest," I blurted out, looking up at him, nervous for his response.

"Me too," he smiled, "Let's start simple then," he suggested.

"Okay," I nodded, "Tell me more about your life," I said after we quickly ordered our food, leaning back.