twelve

filler-type chapter 🤷‍♀️
also i'm aware it's been 11 days but you gotta understand i'm just a girl 😔

I spent my days in the office, getting questioned every time the team found something new. The brown leather couch became my new home, the only thing that brought me comfort.

"I can't let this be an unsolved case," The team sat at the round table as each noted any new information they found. Hotch seemed to be taking as much guilt as I had been, not wanting to let anyone down.

"Do you think it's a one time thing or will they continue this game?" JJ asked writing down notes in her journal.

"It can't be a one time thing because of how gruesome the first situation was, that shows that this person is mad and they plan to show it," Reid answered, squeezing my hand underneath the table.

"Then why are they quiet? it's been two weeks," I asked, leaning back in my seat.

"Maybe they want to break you down," Rossi said, folding his arms.

"Has anyone talked to Lena and her team?" Emily spoke up, patting my shoulder. We had been talking a lot, sharing stories from the parts in life we didn't share.

"I called her yesterday and she didn't respond," I stated.

"I also tried to contact her yesterday and she had not responded ," Hotch said in a worried tone as we all shared a similar glance.

"Maybe someone should go on a little roadtrip and visit them," Rossi suggested, sending me a discrete wink.

"Hm I guess that couldn't hurt, Derek and Emily please go ahead and visit them," Hotch said standing up.

"Wait," I stopped him, " Could i please go? I swear I will die if I have to spend another day at Reid place and the office," I pleaded as the group giggled at my dramatics.

"It's to dangerous," He said not convinced.

"I'll go with Derek, you and me both know he would go to war for anyone here, please just this one thing," I paused, seeing Derek nodding with a sharp smirk. "And besides we are going to visit an Fbi building, how much danger could I really be in?" I said waiting before Hotch sighed.

"Fine go before I change my mind,"

———

"Time to get this party started," I put a bag of chips in my car door, happily smiling at Derek and Spencer, who smiled back at me.

"I'm telling you already I will not drive the whole six hours Vera," Derek warned, pointing a finger at me as I connected my phone to the car, turning on a playlist I made a couple days ago.

"Perfect," I smiled. "I wonder why Vera isn't responding," I voiced my thoughts as we drove out the coffee shop we stopped by to continue on the road.

"She's probably just busy," Spencer voiced groggily from the backseat, waking up from his slumber.

"That's nothing like her," I said softly as my phone dinged, conveniently showing Lena's name on screen.

you need to hide.

A short and confusing message was sent out just a few seconds ago.

"Are you okay?" Spencer grabbed my shoulder as I focused on the text, trying to understand its meaning. How does she even know Im in danger? I never told her. "When did she send that," I looked up at Reid who now also stared worriedly at my phone.

"What the hell are y'all looking at?" Derek joked, glancing at us, his smiled dropping.

"Just now," I finally replied to Spencer question, handing him the metal box as it suddenly felt to heavy to hold.

"Lena told her to hide," Spencer said out loud, rereading it.

"Is that some sort of joke?" Derek asked.

"I never told her what happened and I know someone did because why else would she say that?" Worry glacéd my tongue, the thought everyone had in their brain creeping in, was that even her texting?

Authors note:

okay don't lie, how are y'all liking the book?

also can anyone give me ideas ? i think it's obvious idk how to continue this 😭
if anyone has any pls dm me 💀🙏

I think writing a fanfic is like accepting a curse on you cause why is my life lowkey going downhill 😒

I may or may not be writing a maze runner fic, is that smt y'all would want ?

Goodnight babygirls 😍