fifteen

I've written so much today imma throw up fr 🥰

"I don't understand why isn't she talking?" I hit the table, the team watching my moves. "She was kidnapped by them, why can't you just explain who did it?" 

"She was there for a week love," Spencer said, as we both went silent at the nickname, completely forgetting the people who sat by us. "They probably broke her down too much," He moved forward, red like a tomato as Hotch looked at us with a raised brow. 

"No no she's hiding something, I'm with Vera on this one," Ana agrees, pointing at me as she spoke, "She's incredibly trained, a week is nothing for that woman, she's gone through much much worse, this is something different," 

"Guys," Garcia called out, worry coating her tongue. "I think she communicated with them before any of this even happened, like before Vera even joined the team," That made everyone shut up, looking at the phone with their eyes popping out. 

"How so?" I asked.

"Remember the clean, not used house you guys checked out?" She asked as we hummed, "Well I found the real one, and some mail was sent from the Grizzly locations, and she sent a few there," Garcia sent us the proof, leaving me stunned. 

----------

"Vera talk to me," A tired-looking woman looked back at me, handcuffed to a metal table, the bruises now darker as they healed. "Maybe it's a misunderstanding," I begged as the cold blue eyes pierced my skin. "Did you work with them?" I asked, sitting down.

"I won't speak," Lena replied, her voice messed up from what we thought was screaming.

"You did," I stated, feeling my heart fall to my feet, leaving an empty spot where it sat before. "We both know how much they did, to people, to children, to us," I looked from one eye to another, trying to find an ounce of guilt or even anger but she continued with an empty face.

"Vera," Hotch cracked the door open, calling for me. "Hey you should take a break, Derek will take over," He said looking at me with sad eyes.

"Yeah I get it," I nodded, going to the meeting room.

"Vera you look horrible," Emily ran over, holding my face with her hands, "You're incredibly pale, have you eaten?" She asks with a motherly tone.

"I threw it up," I whispered so no one else would hear and become worried.

"Let's go," She led me to the car. "We're gonna get food and then you'll take a nap at the hotel, got it?" She ordered starting the car up. 

"The people I had to bury," We ate in the car, as I began talking, "they keep me up at night, and she knows it," I hardly touched my food, trying to stomach the soup Emily ordered for me, the same one I loved as a kid. "So many of those people those bastards killed, why would she work for them?" I looked at Emily who was already looking back at me.

"Sometimes, people do insane things because they had an insane reason," she put her hand on my lap, "And sometimes those insane things are evil, those people are really really good at hiding the evil that's in them" She explained, her voice drifting out as the song that played on the radio came on, leaving our conversation on an open ending. 

"Come on let me walk you to your room," Emily said as we pulled up to the hotel we were staying at.

"I can find my room Em," I smiled as the nickname slipped.

"Okay be safe," She rolled away as I tiredly walked up the stairs and unlocked my room.  

"Vera Prentiss," I froze at a man's voice and the cold sharp sting at the back of my neck. "Move and I cut," I felt his warm breath near my face.

"I assume you're with the Grizzly?" I asked, keeping my voice steady. 

"You would assume right," He chuckled.

"What would you like from me?" I asked, keeping him busy while looking for anything I could use against him.

"You seem to be very interested in our organization," He stated, leaving open-ended sentences. 

"Of course I am, you hurt many of my friends," I smiled angrily. seeing my gun on my bedside table. 

"Well we can't have that sweetheart," the blade dug deeper into my neck.

"You think killing me will stop them from finding you?" My laugh was bitter.

"It would help," I could hear his anger as I hit his side the knife falling on the ground with a loud cling, I ran to the gun, but before I could reach it he grabbed my legs, making me fall down, we fought, each getting in a few hit before I was able to grab the gun, quickly pointing it at the man.

"Now you listen to me," I ordered him to go on his knees while getting my phone out with my other hand dialing Derek. 

----------------

"He could've killed you Vera, you cannot keep searching for them, we will take it from here," Spencer said, frowning at the cut that sat under my eye. 

"No grave can hold my body down," I stated angrily, I was ready to find them even if it meant dying.

"Do you promise to not leave my sight, please Vera?" He begged holding my jaw to look at the cut closer.

"Okay," I whispered looking into his dark brown eyes that kept me floating in this world, grabbing his face with my hands and pulling him to my lips.

"Vera?" I turned to see Hotch who looked at us with a knowing look, "We'll talk about this later, but I need to speak to you," He stated, as Spencer squeezed my hand before stepping away. 

"Vera I know how connected you are to this case, and I wouldn't ask you this unless it was necessary but you are the only one that could crack her," Hotch told me, putting his hand on my shoulder.

"I'll do it,"

Authors note:

Is anyone actually shocked? 😭😫

My birthday is so soon, I'm half excited, half wanna die 🥰

A few more chapters left before I'm done with the book :(

the book turned out much smaller than I expected sorry yall