The Emperor and the Queen

Lelouch vi Britannia Pov

Right now I'm in a casual game of chess with one of the potential leaders of Class A, Arisu Sakayanagi.

in which I am currently playing as the Black pieces.

The game opened with a Sicilian Defense, Paulsen variant.

We, aware of the inherent complexity of this opening, seek a balanced approach between center control and positional flexibility. The first ten plays were developed with standard movements, establishing a solid ground for the confrontation.

"A bit generic, right?" I provoked the woman in front of me, Arisu "The Sicilian defense is one of the simplest and most trite openings there is.

"I expected more elegance from you, Arisu Sakayanagi."

"I appreciate the courtesy of calling me for you, but I have to disagree, the fact that it is widely used does not detract from its effectiveness, rather, it is a demonstration of its usefulness." stated a bold Arisu.

"It doesn't matter, but it makes the game more predictable than what it is and is going to do," I replied, displaying an aura of superiority.

"So you claim victory even though we only have ten moves..." said a focused Arisu. "What confidence, I hope you know how to back it up" It seems like she has a thing for me now, this small demonstration of arrogance made her want to defeat me even more, she doesn't expect me to know how to back her up, she only thinks of me as a talkative oaf whose greatest delight would be to destroy everything what I say.

I will prove her wrong.

"That's how it will be," I answered dryly.

On move 12, White opted for a pawn advance in the center, seeking to open lines and put pressure on Black's position.

"How oppressive," I commented with slight irony.

to which he responded with precise counterplay on the queenside, challenging white's central structure.

"and you are somewhat revelde" she returned the comment. "So are you one of those who like to challenge the higher hierarchies?" She ask with a certain tone of curiosity.

In fact, chess can be used to deduce the temporary daily behaviors of a person, through its playing style the habits, thoughts and behaviors of a person are deduced.

For example, an aggressive playing style, with constant attacks, could suggest a more assertive or even competitive personality. On the other hand, a more cautious and defensive game could reflect a more reserved or reflective personality.

In this case, she saw my risky and defiant maneuver, trying to override her control in the center of the board, although there were actually better options, I only did that because I wanted to show that she did not have control of the board.

"huh, do you really believe that?" I gave her an amused smile, to which she returned a bolder one.

"If you were in my class, Lelouch, discrepancies would probably be common" confirming what was previously said, this comment made me very curious, regarding him referring to class A as "my class", could he refer to it as leader, that, or It could refer to "my class" in a more literal and less symbolic sense.

But, analyzing my rival's profile, she certainly seems to have made this comment on purpose.

"So you already consider yourself the leader of your class, huh?" I questioned her authority.

"Of course, even though the class is currently divided into two factions, it's only a matter of time before the lice slide does something stupid, at that point they're going to come for me on their own." Why does she deliberately provide me with information?