9 | you're under arrest

The air in the dimly lit alleyway hung heavy with tension as Gary's words echoed off the walls, his voice laced with a chilling warning. Molly's muscles tensed involuntarily as he released her and Mr. Bingo, his eyes boring into hers with an intensity that sent shivers down her spine.

"I hope you'll keep your word, detective. You already know what can be the consequences."

With a quick nod, Molly acknowledged Gary's words, her mind racing with the weight of his ominous threat. She cast a wary glance at Mr. Bingo, silently assessing his reaction to the encounter before they silently slipped into the bustling streets of New York City.

Gary's ominous warning echoed in her thoughts, a constant reminder of the danger lurking just beneath the surface. But despite the fear gnawing at her insides,

The secretive cult had been a recurring thread in her search for answers, its shadowy presence lurking behind every twist and turn of the Gary Lane case.

Molly refused to back down. She had come too far to let Gary Lane intimidate her into silence.

The city buzzed with urgency as they navigated their way through the crowded sidewalks, the cacophony of voices and honking cars providing a stark contrast to the silence that hung between them. 

Molly waited until they were sure they were out of earshot before she finally spoke.

"How the heck did you end up there?" she demanded, her voice low with suspicion.

Mr. Bingo's expression remained impassive as he recounted his ordeal. "I was at a local bar after the conference. I was enjoying a drink by myself when the world around me blurred out. The last thing I saw was grey eyes and hazelnut hair."

Her brow furrowed in thought. "The description feels familiar. Do you have any idea who it could be?"

"Not for now," Mr. Bingo admitted, his gaze distant. "But whoever it is poses a greater threat—"

"Like you didn't just lure me there?" Molly interjected, her voice sharp with accusation.

Mr. Bingo's eyes widened in surprise. "Excuse me?"

Molly held his gaze, her expression unreadable. "What's the possibility that you're not in alliance with Gary or Eye of the Osiris? I can't trust anyone here."

"You're right, Molly," Mr. Bingo conceded, taking a step back. "But I want to help."

Molly's skepticism remained evident as she crossed her arms over her chest. "Everything about you is suspicious. Besides, you were trying to threaten me about Dane's case with Gary. And now that he's pointing a knife at my throat, how am I supposed to believe that you're suddenly all good?"

Mr. Bingo raised his hands in a placating gesture, a small smile playing at the corners of his lips. 

"How about a formal introduction?"

Molly's lips quirked into a sly smile. "I never said I had trouble addressing you as Mr. Bingo."

"Alright, alright, you win," Mr. Bingo announced, lowering his hands. "I am yet to win your trust. But let's make a deal: you keep my name hidden, and I'll help you with the case."

"Why does Dane's case even matter to you so much?" Molly pressed, her curiosity piqued.

"Because he is my dad."

-x-x-x-

Meanwhile, at the NYPD headquarters in Chicago, Detective Garcia's voice rang out with excitement as he made a breakthrough in their search for Molly.

"We can finally track her!" he exclaimed, his eyes alight with relief.

Lisa leaned in closer, her hands hovering over the computer keyboard. "Thank goodness she's alive. Where is it showing?"

"Near Cafe Levista, 8th block," Detective Garcia stated.

Without hesitation, Lisa rallied her team, her eyes ablaze with determination. "Alright, let's get to it."

The team piled into their vehicles, the roar of engines filling the air as they raced toward Cafe Levista, their mission clear: to bring Molly back home safely.

Lisa wasted no time, her voice firm as she approached the cafe. "Hands up. Don't move. You're under arrest."

Word Count: 630

Is Mr. Bingo being arrested? Or is someone else being apprehended? The suspense grows thicker.

Gary let them both off with a warning. But, why is he vested so much into the cult?

And Mr. Bingo makes his reveal as the son of Dane Wade. That was quite the revelation for me as well.

What do you think happens next? And who's the real culprit? 🧐

I hope you're enjoying the story so far 😁

Cheers,
Sara <3