10 | hidden intentions

The air was tense as Molly addressed her team, her voice steady but tinged with exhaustion.

"You can drop the charges, team," she announced, her gaze sweeping over each member with a mix of gratitude and apology.

Lisa  stepped forward, her expression a blend of relief and concern. "We had a reason to suspect someone caused you harm, and considering you were so tense while speaking to him, we thought he might not be friendly."

Molly nodded in understanding, her eyes flickering with appreciation. "I understand. And thank you," she replied, her voice soft but sincere. "Thank you very much. I was up to some investigation but didn't want to trouble you guys."

Detective Garcia stepped closer, his concern evident in his furrowed brow. "But the least you could've done is informed us, Molly. We were worried about you."

Molly's expression softened with regret as she met his gaze. "I'm sorry, guys. There was some trouble, but it's sorted out now."

Lisa interjected, redirecting the conversation with a pointed question. "That's relieving. So, who's this stranger?" she asked, gesturing toward Mr. Bingo.

Molly's eyes flickered briefly toward Mr. Bingo, silently acknowledging his unspoken request to keep their truth hidden. She understood the complexity of his situation and chose her words carefully.

"Oh, he's just a friend," she replied smoothly, her tone casual but guarded. "It's just that I haven't met him in a long time, and I was quite surprised when he decided to visit me out of the blue."

A subtle nod passed between Molly and Mr. Bingo, their silent agreement lingering in the air.

"Alright, if you say so," Lisa conceded, pulling Molly into a warm hug. "I'm glad you're okay, though."

"Thank you Lisa. I know I can count on you." Molly said as she reciprocated the hug gratefully, a sense of relief washing over her as she embraced her colleague.

The tension of recent events began to ebb away, replaced by a comforting sense of familiarity and unity.

"Let's have a cup of coffee. It's been a while since we took a breather. And you," Detective Garcia suggested, turning his attention to Mr. Bingo.

"Call me Mr. Bingo please."

"Detective Garcia" He said while stretching his hands for a handshake. Mr. Bingo shook his hand firmly.

"You can join us if you're not too busy." He added with a polite smile.

Mr. Bingo nodded in agreement, accepting the invitation. "Sure, it's my pleasure."

His demeanor was congenial, his mannerisms poised and amicable as he settled in among Molly's colleagues.

As they settled into the cafe, Molly rubbed her forehead wearily, signaling her need for caffeine. "Espresso for me, please," she requested, her voice tinged with fatigue.

Lisa ordered a cappuccino, while Mr. Bingo opted for a strawberry shake, and Detective Garcia chose a comforting hot chocolate.

As their drinks arrived, they delved into the latest updates on the case. Lisa highlighted the details from the forensic report, her brow furrowed in contemplation.

"There was some strange powder, though," she mused aloud, her eyes scanning the group for any insights.

A spark of recognition flickered in Mr. Bingo's eyes, as if a puzzle piece had just fallen into place. 

"Did the report say that it had a strong smell and was oddly indistinguishable?" he asked, his voice tinged with excitement.

The team exchanged glances, intrigued by Mr. Bingo's sudden insight.

"Yeah," Detective Garcia confirmed.

"Bingo!" Mr. Bingo exclaimed triumphantly, raising his fist in the air as if he had unlocked the key to the mystery that had eluded them.

"I know exactly who did this murder"

Word Count: 572

Another chapter, yay! I am so invested in this story and the characters, i could keep writing xD

Mr. Bingo is trying to stay hidden and he seems to discover who the murderer is 🤯

How are you liking this story so far?

Also, just as a announcement, BTTM aka Bullet Train to Murder has won the first round of ONC for 2k words, yay! I didn't expect this achievement, but, here we are! xD

Did your work make it through first round? Either it made it or not, i am still proud of you for trying ❤

cheers,
sara <3