Chapter Fourteen

"You're Mrs. Kim, right?"

"Yes," The woman stood up and smiled weakly, "How's my son?" She was Taehyung's mother? But hadn't he said she was...dead? What was going on?

"I'm surprised at how good he's doing right now. There was a hole in his head that wasn't exactly small and he's lost a lot of blood. We sewed the hole and he's just woken up." The doctor explained and my mom and I sighed in relief. Thank god, he was okay.

Before anyone could say anything else, I jumped up and ran over to them. "May I see him?"

"And you are...?" the doctor asked, eyeing me suspiciously. I looked down and cleared my throat, "Uh, well... I-I'm Jeon Jungkook and I'm Taehyung's friend...I g-guess."

"You guess?" Mrs. Kim now asked, making me glance up at her. "I love him," I replied quickly, "A lot." She looked taken aback and so did the doctor when I looked at him.

Just then, my mom came up beside me. "I'm Jungkook's mother. The incident happened at my house," She explained.

Mrs. Kim sighed, "What exactly happened to my son?" My mom scratched the back of her head and looked down as I patted her back. "My husband was drunk and attacked my son. Taehyung was brave, unlike me, and saved Jungkook. But by doing that, my husband became angry...very angry...and threw his beer bottle onto your son's head..." She answered, ashamed of herself. "Mom, it's not your fault." I said, making her smile but her smile dropped immediately when I continued, my tears close to falling again. "If anything, it was my fault. If I hadn't existed, this wouldn't have happened."

"You two stop blaming yourselves." Mrs. Kim suddenly said, smiling at us. "It's not your fault. My son likes to save and defend what he loves, and he'll take anything to do so. He's always been like that, just today it turned out a little different. But he's okay and that's all that counts, right?"

A single tear left my eye as I smiled at her. "Yes, that's true."

"Okay, can we see Taehyung now?" Mrs. Kim then asked the doctor, who simply nodded. "Sure, follow me."

We followed him all the way along the long hallways until we finally stopped at a door with the number 109. The doctor opened the door, revealing a room with four beds, Taehyung sitting on one of them, staring at the ceiling.

"Mr. Kim, somebody's here to see you." He informed him, making Tae look at us, before he left the room. I immediately ran to Taehyung's bed and threw my arms around his neck. "Oh, oh my god," I breathed, exhausted. "How are you feeling? Dizzy?"

I felt his arms wrapping around my waist as I rested my forehead on his. "How are you, Kookie? Your dad didn't do anything else to you after I passed out, right?!"

I smiled at the fact that his first concerns were about my well being, though he didn't answer my question. I closed my eyes and shook my head weakly. "He didn't. You saved me." He sighed in relief and held me tighter to him. "Thank god."

Suddenly, someone cleared their throat, making us pull away from each other. I looked over at Mrs. Kim, who was smiling at us. "Taehyung, how are you?"

"Um, I'm fine, but who are you..?" He asked, confused. His mother sighed and walked closer to us. "It's me, your mother. You don't recognize me?"

Taehyung's eyes widened, as he stared at his mom. "M-Mom..? But, but didn't you..die?"

"That's what I told everyone to tell you," She started explaining, a dark expression on her face. "I had to give you to your relatives and move far away, for...reasons that I will tell you about someday. I'm so sorry for leaving you, I hope you forgive me, but I'll understand if you don't."

"N-No," Taehyung began, and I could see the unshed tears in his eyes, so I held him closer to me and kissed his cheek. "Of course, I forgive you. I'm just so, so happy that you're alive...But I do need some time to get used to having a mom, you know." He finished, before placing a kiss on my cheek as well, making me grin like an idiot. Oh lord, I loved him so incredibly much.

"Thank you," Mrs. Kim sincerely said, smiling at her son and he smiled back at her.

"Taehyung." Now it was my mom's turn to speak and we all looked at her. "Yes, Mrs. Jeon?"

"Thank you so much for saving my son. If it hadn't been for you doing that, Jungkook would now be laying in that bed instead of you. And I'm also honestly very sorry for what my husband did, it can't be excused. He drank too much and when Jungkook told him he loves a boy, my husband became very angry. I'm sure he would've accepted Jungkook if he hadn't been drunk but...alcohol makes him so violent, and..." She trailed off, as tears began rolling down her cheeks.

"I don't regret telling him." I said, looking down. "I regret telling him when he was drunk. But I was so sure of it, I was sure he would accept me, I couldn't help myself. After all, Taehyung..." I looked up at him and he stared deeply into my eyes with his dark, beautiful ones. I gulped and even though I was sure he did feel the same towards me, I suddenly felt very nervous. But I didn't let that stop me.

"I love you."

He stared at me for a moment before cracking a small smile. He suddenly pulled me closer and closed the gap between our lips, crashing his into my own. My knees felt like they were about to give in, my heart like it was melting, as I closed my eyes and kissed him back.

"I love you too, Jungkook." He said after slightly pulling away, making me grin widely.

In that moment, my phone suddenly buzzed in my pants' pocket. I pulled it out and saw it was a message from Jimin. Oh, that asshole just had to ruin my romantic moment with Taehyung. I was getting back at him for this later.

"Who is it?" Taehyung asked.

"Jimin," I shortly answered, opening the message to read it. After doing so, I groaned loudly and rested my forehead on Tae's shoulder.

"What's wrong?"

"Jimin just felt like telling me about his fucking date with Hoseok he had today. I'm not complaining, I'm happy that they're so in love with each other, but getting that message right now is just annoying. Wait...he and Hoseok don't know you're here. Oh dang, I need to tell them," I explained before starting to type. Taehyung chuckled and hummed in agreement, "Idiot."

I pouted, "I hate you."

"We both know you love me. And I love you too," He said before kissing me, as I smiled against his lips, completely.forgetting that our mom's were watching.

Everything in this moment was perfect; Taehyung was okay, he loved me. We could be together again.

But one little thing kept bothering me and I just couldn't let go of it: Why the hell had he forgotten about me and why had everyone I knew forgotten about him? I had to figure that out as soon as possible, and then, then we could be happy together forever and ever.