Chapter Sixteen

I woke up, groaning as the bright light blinded me. It took my eyes a moment to adjust to the brightness, before I could see six people staring down at me. My mom, my dad, Jimin, Hoseok, Taehyung and a woman that looked like a...a nurse? She gasped when she saw me looking at her, immediately calling for a doctor.

"J-Jungkook?" I blinked at Taehyung's voice speaking my name. I blinked once, twice. "You...You're awake!"

"Oh god!" My mother cried out, pulling me into a tight hug. I narrowed my eyes. "W-What's going on, mom?"

"H-Honey, my baby, you- you've been..in a coma. Now is the first time you've woken up in five months." I stared at her, eyes wide open. What did she say? I had been in a coma? For five months? "Mom, what day is it?"

"It's wednesday, the 20th of August. Honey, are you okay?" She asked, cupping my face with her hands, looking worried. "Yeah, I'm fine mom." I was simply confused. 20th of August? How was this possible? Five months ago would've been... The 20th of March. That was about two weeks after the last day I'd written a diary entry. Everything... Absolutely everything since then had been a dream.

So Taehyung..didn't love me? We weren't dating, none of that had happened. I gulped as I held back the tears which were stinging in my eyes. Of course it was just a dream, Taehyung wouldn't love me back. It was simply impossible.

"Jungkookie, are you really ok?" Jimin then asked, looking worried. I put up a small smile and nodded slightly, though I was anything but ok. He didn't seem convinced but let it go anyway and I silently thanked god for that; there was no need for anyone to know about my ridiculous dream. Keeping it all to myself was the best idea.

Taehyung eyed me for a moment, before sighing. "Man, you really worried us, you know that?" He made eye contact with me for a few seconds, then looked down. Why did he do that? Had I done anything wrong?

"I'm sorry." I choked out as I could feel warm tears rolling down my cheeks. My mom gasped. "Oh dear, honey, why're you crying? Is something wrong?"

"I-I'm fine, but sorry, can I be alone for a b-bit, please?" I said, rubbing my face with my hands. My mom looked worried as my dad sighed and grabbed her hand. "Come, dear, let us let him be alone. I'll buy you some coffee." My dad said, softly pulling her outside, Jimin and Hoseok following. I gave them a grateful smile before looking up at Taehyung, who was still standing next to the bed. I raised an eyebrow at him as he shook his head, crossing his arms in front of his chest. "I'm not leaving."

I glared at him. He was unintentionally giving me hope that he might like me and I didn't like that because it was obvious he did not like me that way. "And why's that?"

"I don't want to." He simply stated, nodding to himself. I stared at him in disbelief before I snorted. "Leave, Hyung, please. I want to be alone."

"I don't want you to be alone." He said as he sat on a chair close to the bed, making me groan. "Why does it even matter to you?" It hadn't seemed to bother Jimin and Hoseok and I honestly did not understand why it did bother him if he didn't like me.

He groaned. "I don't know, to be honest. This feeling..is just weird." He was muttering so I could barely understand what he said. "What feeling? Hyung, be more precise, you know I'm a dumb walnut, I don't understand you when you mumble like that."

He looked at me for a short moment, looking conflicted. It worried me, what was wrong? "Hyung?"

"I feel weird admitting this, but...Jungkook, I think I... I may... Imaylikeyou." The last few words came out as one word, but I understood them anyway. I stared at him, not quite realizing what had just happened. He did like me? He..he did! Taehyung liked me!

"Y-You do?" I asked, blinking. He nodded and rubbed his face with his hands before taking a deep breathe. "To be honest, because I don't want to have secrets with you, your parents, Jimin, I and partly Hoseok have read your diary. I know how you feel about me, I know why you tried to take your own life. And more than feeling horrible for being the reason for your suicide attempt, I feel horrible rather because the moment I've seen you laying here like this, I knew I felt the same for you. I tried to deny it at first, but was useless. Jungkook, I like you very, very much. I hope...I hope you'll forgive me for being such a dumbass and not noticing anything even though I'm supposed to be your best friend."

Somehow, the only words that mattered to me were the words I like you very, very much. Taehyung really liked me. Life wasn't as bad as I'd always thought it was. But wait- If everything had been just a dream before, couldn't this just be a dream too? Oh god, I sure hoped not.

I couldn't help but let out a quiet chuckle, making him look at me confused. "That's kind of funny. I was so sure you don't like me. I was sure my dream was nothing but a damn dream. But you actually like me and I- I, oh god. I can't believe this is happening. Is this really happening, Hyung? I'm not dreaming, am I?" By the time I ended the last sentence, I noticed I'd been crying again. Taehyung chuckled and shook his head, before softly pulling me into a hug. "This is reality, Jungkook. I really like you. Which is why...um, Jungkook, will..will you be my boyfriend?" He asked, staring right into my eyes which were wide open by now. I nodded, "Yes. Yes, oh my god."

x x x

A while later, I was allowed to go home. At home, I walked up to my room and slumped down on my bed. I sighed and smiled, I was so happy.

I took out my phone and unlocked it to send Taehyung a message, to let him know how I was feeling, and to tell him that I liked him. He returned it and I was already excited for tomorrow when I was going to see him again.

From now on, Taehyung and I could be together forever. He would love me and I would love him and nothing was going to change that. Not Hana, not Meena, not anybody. With those happy thoughts, I drifted off to sleep, hugging my phone.

I was so happy this wasn't just a dream.
I was so happy this was reality.
I was so happy I didn't have to suffer anymore.

END