04

Awaken

My heart aches. I could feel the pain melt into my muscles and penetrate my bones. The endless stabbing that followed each ache. My arms trembled and my body sweats. And truly this pain knew no bounds.
I was once again in the same room I first awakened when I arrived here. But yet this time the curtains were open, and the foggy light yet again bleeds into the room. A figure stands in front of the tall glass window. His hands in his pocket and his garments nicely fitted against his body. Truthfully even at a slight distance, he still appeared as tall as he was when he stood before me. On that snowy day.
I turn my neck towards him, sweat dripping down my neck and head. But a cold cloth placed onto my forehead.

"Do not move, your poisoned." He says grabbing his glass of wine and sipping it.
"Did you... poison me?" I croak, my vision only visibly getting worser.
"And if I did?" He slightly chuckles
"Why did you do it?" I croak again. He turns his head slightly towards me, his piercing blue eyes gazing at me with contempt.
"You don't seem angry." He turns around
"If it is my time to die, then that is all. Besides I've... heard of your cruelty." I croak looking back up to the ceiling.
"You speak so freely, without a care." He says threateningly
"Why should I? If you kill me, you kill me."
"Or perhaps it's that you wish to disregard your life." I could tell he was smirking, his cheeks slightly slumping. And his tone changing.
"Perhaps I no longer have the energy anymore." I say close my eyes.

Suddenly he walks over to me, his glass slamming onto the table, his gaze threatening, and his fists clenched.
"Oh, but we can't have you dying just yet. You have something I want." He growls, picking my head up and pushing medicine onto my lips. Some of it drips down my mouth.
"Drink it." He growls again, i glare at him untrusting.
"If I did want to kill you, poison wouldn't need to be a way. So just drink it. And so I did.

He wipes the red medicine off my lips. The red substance staining his finger, he licks it off. Gazing at me.
He lets go of my head. Causing me to plop down onto the pillow. He stands up walking to his glass. And sitting onto the chair beside the bed.

"You should rest." He says sipping from his glass
"In front of my kidnapper? I rather not." I say facing the ceiling once more.
"If you rather me leave you in barren wastelands, full of poison gas and decaying walkers. I will reconsider saving another civilian.
"Saving? This kingdom is...never mind." I sigh, he only grows quiet. Observing me again.
"So it was you who took me. How? What could you have possible been doing in the slums. The very worst part of the kingdom."
"I had business there."
"In a place of the dead?"
"Apparently you were there. Alive at that. How long have you lived there?"

As the conversation went on. It seemed he didn't find me falling of the cliff. Rather he didn't even find me on the other side of the great gash. But rather in the slums area. But where?

"I've lived there since I was a child."
"How could you possible survive there. People in the capital are dying and there circumstance are far better than yours." He chuckles, I just glare at him. Annoyed at his presence.
"You find me repulsing, don't you?" He smirks
"And you know this answer, you ask what for?"
He stands to his feet, hovering over my body that lays stiff.
"Oh, because only you dare to glare at me." His glare stares at me intently, his aura melting off of his body. And a darkness causing my stomach to become restless. Never the less, I continue to gaze at him.
"What do you want from me." I croak
"You have something my brother wants. And I want to know what it is. There is no possible way you could have survived in the slums on your own. And right by the deep gash at that."
"Your brother?" I questioned
"Don't play dumb. You know..." But confusion rested on my face.
"Perhaps you don't remember." He lightens his gaze

Then I will make you remember." His gaze fixates back to the deep dark blue it always resembles Shivers send down my spine. An aching in my body as his eyes began to slightly illuminate a deep blue. My vision grew dizzy, and the world around me growing hazy and melted all into one. My body aching even more and sharp jabs pressing against my muscles penetrating my bones.

"What... did you...do to me?" My vision slowly blurs

"I only purified your body." He said, but his tone only sounded conniving.
"There was nothing... wrong." My vision completely blanked and my consciousness faded, with the last thing I seen. Was his eyes glaring at me, with a deceitful smirk laid upon his lips, crooked.
And once again, somehow amused.

"You will see."