Dream shifts (part one)

I had my first full shift last night, and it was absolutely horrific. Well, it wasn't a full body shift, it was a dream shift. 

It began with me, an ocelot, happy as could be, running through the forest with my mate. Tall trees, lush undergrowth, and all sorts of fun obstacles that we maneuvered around. Suddenly, I stumbled, and I stood up on two feet. There was smoke and fire all around me, and my family had all made it out safely. I, however, had stayed back to make sure that everyone else had escaped the fire. As I was feet away from the door, I was crushed by a beam that had burned and fallen over. My leg was broken. 

My wife tried to come save me, but I pushed her back with a banishing spell. I didn't want anyone else to die because of the fire that the other villagers had started. As I lay there, I began to cry. I could see the life in this human flesh bag . A life where the teasing and the discrimination of my time as a witch, it continued. Mostly, though, I cried for my family, whom I would never see again, and the children that I would not see grow up. I closed my eyes, the smoke now completely filling my lungs. I felt the pain of ten thousand suns touching my skin, burning my body, and I awoke an ocelot again.

I was out hunting later that day, and I heard the sounds of approaching machinery, followed by a loud, booming crack. I tried to dart away, but I was blocked by a large flat rock. My whole body was crushed by the immense weight of the great tree, and I cried out into the early morning.

That's when I woke up. Accept, I couldn't move. Every time I tried, I felt a stabbing pain in my abdomen, and I could tell that my leg was broken again. These affects of my dream stayed for almost ten minutes before I could get up again.