RUN

I run. Sam is running beside me. Never in my live have I run so fast. I can hear the mutt growl behind me. I feel its fast breath on my neck. The ground trembles as the bear chase after us. we run around trees trying to confuse it. I breathe fast. The sweat drips from my forehead. I want to stop. I'm so tired but the thought of the bear crushing me under its weight is enough for me to keep running. I look over at Sam. I can see he wants to give up. He forces himself to run faster. I guess he is not as used to running as I am. I look back. The bear is only a few feet away from us. Its mouth open waiting to eat us whole. Saliva dripping from the mouth like a waterfall. I look back terrified of what I just saw. Never in my life have I thought I would run away from a giant bear in the arena with Sam by my side. Its really absurd. Sam almost trips. That could be the death of him. I grab his arm and pull him back up on his feet. We keep running. "We are almost there" I say out of breath. Sam nods. I see it out in the distance. A wall of wooden spears. We run even faster now. I run into the wood. I'm relived but the challenge isn't over. We turn around and look at the mutt racing towards us. "hold" I tell Sam. "Hold...NOW!!!" we jump away right as the bear run into the wood. It crashes through it. It growls in anger. Slowly I stand up and look in. The bear race around angry. The plan worked. It really worked. The mutt is destroying everything. I hear a terrified shriek. Its little and I almost can't hear it. I turn around to see the district 8 tribute hanging upside down.