2.01

── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

season 2

── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

Andrea stood with Ian and Mandy, in the middle of a crowded fight club. Cheering Lip on as he fought in the middle. As of right now, he wasn't looking too good, a bloody mess taking a beat down. This was his new dumb way of making money during the summer, but at what cost? 

"Let's go, Lip!" Andi shouted alongside Ian. Taking a hit to the face, Lip flung backwards on impact, nearly landing on his ass if Ian hadn't caught his arms. "Kick him back, you're punching him like a fag." Ian told him before shoving him back into the fight. 

Lip didn't stand a chance; the other guy flipped him over onto the ground. Harshly handing on his back knocking the wind out of him. 

"Fuck!" Andi gasped, both she and Mandy cupping a hand over their mouth.

Lip lied there taking punch after punch until they finally rung the bell. Lip rolled over, planting his feet, waddling over to the group. 

"You know you're supposed to hit him back, right?" Andi said, pushing him to sit down. "Fuck, that kid hits hard," Lip said leaning back while Ian dabbed a washcloth on his temple. "What did you think this was going to be?" Mandy asked. "I didn't think he could punch me with his foot. Did you see that he kicked me on the top of my goddamn head?"

"Listen to me, you wanna throw in the towel?" Ian asked as the bell rang again. 

"I would if I was smart." Lip laughed. Bouncing back into the circle taking an immediate punch to the fight. 

"Fucking dumbass,"

── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

The group walked out of the fight club into the humid heat.  Andrea pulled her hair back into a ponytail, damn summer nights. Isn't it meant to be cooler at night? The heat irritated her skin, shaking her arm of the irritating tingle that ran down her spine. 

"Did we make anything on my fight?" Lip asked, his voice muffled by the cigarette between his lips. "Nah, nobody wanted the odds," Ian said. "What'd you put down?" Lip asked turning to the boy. 

"What, on the fight you lost? Nada, fraternal loyalty doesn't extend to stupidity, bud." Ian laughed. Andrea watched as the two brothers began play fighting, fake punching each other. The girls rolled their eyes at their antics, laughing along with them. 

"So, Mickey's out soon, yeah?" 

The boys stopped when they heard her ask about Mickey. Ian raising his brow, giving her a knowing look. I hadn't told Mandy I was sleeping with her brother, not that it was her business anyway. But seeing that she is my friend, doesn't that break some kind of girl code? 

"In about a week or so, if he doesn't do stab anyone else." Mandy shrugged. Lip turned to her giving her a look. "Plastic fork, barely broke the kids' skin but it bought him another thirty days."

"You gotta be looking forward to having Mickey home, huh?" Lip asked looking past Mandy to me. He may have been talking to Mandy, but the question was directed more towards me. I felt my cheeks flush, looking down at my feet as we walked, avoiding eye contact.